By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Kotaku's Rumor: Wii Pirce drop comming in October

gustave154 said:
$100 price cut to compete with the Xbox 360 arcade.

But they haven't needed to compete with the 360 Arcade all this past year. The only way the 360 has begun to approach them was through that Elite drop, and that cut isn't going to be sustained.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
Wii_R2_Hardcore said:
What about Wii sports resort bundled for 250? and drop the regular Wii Sports bundled to 199?

Maybe just a rebunlde will be enough

the_bloodwalker said:
Wii_R2_Hardcore said:
What about Wii sports resort bundled for 250? and drop the regular Wii Sports bundled to 199?

Do you mean WSR bundled for the same 250?

Ill get one when it hits $200 dollars maybe...I want one for DQX and mario galaxy.

Buzzi said:
Smashchu2 said:
Buzzi said:
tolu619 said:
They need no price drop.With different colours and 2 new bundles:wii sports resort and new super mario bros,they'll have their usual ridiculous sales by the holiday period.oh and maybe wii fit plus.When that come out?@Maykissthebride,Red Steel 2.Metroid Prime trilogy.Muramasa:demon Blade.TMNT:Smash up.Spyborgs.Minininjas(wii version probably sell more than other versions).Call of Duty:Modern Warfare Reflex.Do u want me to continue?

Simply ridiculous how much the Wii can destroy the competition! It will depend on how much Nintendo would like to kill on the profit, but they have a lot of things to do, and the right time is just far a month from now. Not to forget all the games you've named!

The Blue Ocean Strategy says to sidestep competition and go find new markets

Disruptions says to cater to low tier consumers and then move upsteam with an asymetric value.

Neither are competition (in Disruption's case, competition is based on a different value then the old one). Nintendo is not competitng because they beleive the core market is dead anyway. They will not compete in the old context.

Maybe they will not do something to crush the competition, but if they do something to improve the Wii's sales it will be seen as an aswer to the opponents right? I find it difficult that they believe the core market is dead, they just want to increase the number of gamers finding, as you said, new kind of markets...definitely if they don't announce somthing big for wii (Price cut, new colours, bundles, models...) they'll let me disappointed...

Reggie saying how the core market is in decline

Nintendo's idea to increase hardware sales is to make software people will want to buy the Wii for. Nintendo has said the momentum stopped becuase of Wii Music and Animal Crossing: City Folk under prefroming. Wii Sports Resort, Wii Fit Plus and New Super Mario Bros Wii are attempting to remedy this problem. These actions  will not be seen as competition because this is something Sony and Microsoft don't normally do. The price is more importaint to them then the software.

Around the Network
Smashchu2 said:
Buzzi said:
Smashchu2 said:
Buzzi said:
tolu619 said:
They need no price drop.With different colours and 2 new bundles:wii sports resort and new super mario bros,they'll have their usual ridiculous sales by the holiday period.oh and maybe wii fit plus.When that come out?@Maykissthebride,Red Steel 2.Metroid Prime trilogy.Muramasa:demon Blade.TMNT:Smash up.Spyborgs.Minininjas(wii version probably sell more than other versions).Call of Duty:Modern Warfare Reflex.Do u want me to continue?

Simply ridiculous how much the Wii can destroy the competition! It will depend on how much Nintendo would like to kill on the profit, but they have a lot of things to do, and the right time is just far a month from now. Not to forget all the games you've named!

The Blue Ocean Strategy says to sidestep competition and go find new markets

Disruptions says to cater to low tier consumers and then move upsteam with an asymetric value.

Neither are competition (in Disruption's case, competition is based on a different value then the old one). Nintendo is not competitng because they beleive the core market is dead anyway. They will not compete in the old context.

Maybe they will not do something to crush the competition, but if they do something to improve the Wii's sales it will be seen as an aswer to the opponents right? I find it difficult that they believe the core market is dead, they just want to increase the number of gamers finding, as you said, new kind of markets...definitely if they don't announce somthing big for wii (Price cut, new colours, bundles, models...) they'll let me disappointed...

Reggie saying how the core market is in decline

Nintendo's idea to increase hardware sales is to make software people will want to buy the Wii for. Nintendo has said the momentum stopped becuase of Wii Music and Animal Crossing: City Folk under prefroming. Wii Sports Resort, Wii Fit Plus and New Super Mario Bros Wii are attempting to remedy this problem. These actions  will not be seen as competition because this is something Sony and Microsoft don't normally do. The price is more importaint to them then the software.

Yes but not all they say is what they think...their core market maybe is in decline in % but the effective core market is still alive...Mario, Metroid, Zelda, Smash Bros and other 1st party Nintendo games are core, and they sold a lot...i'm not saying that they'll do all to become the cores king or to take the first position again (they'll do it anyway), but they'll do something to improve the sales. Bundling a game with the Wii for 250$ is like a small price cut in terms of profit, so I think it may be possible a 50$ price cut.

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

If there is any truth to this rumor, this is how I think it will play out:

NSMB Wii bundle for $250

Seperate Wii no game for $200

Wii Sports bundled with a controller for $60

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Wii_R2_Hardcore said:
the_bloodwalker said:
Wii_R2_Hardcore said:

Do you mean WSR bundled for the same 250?

Actually NSMB sounds more likely, what would be really awesome is a NSMB bundle with a Famicom/NES colored Wii

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Nintendo has to drop both wii and ds. That's why they were ignoring it because you have to reconsider both strategies.

Go buy Metroid OTHER M!

Wii code: 6775-1034-2238-1634

PSN: birdie93      XBL: luthor93

3DS: 3909-7597-9889

You can add me, I won't stop you!

My website: www.fight4custom.com

Luthor said:
Nintendo has to drop both wii and ds. That's why they were ignoring it because you have to reconsider both strategies.

They don't have to drop the DS's price, the DS is still selling like rubbers