By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Kotaku's Rumor: Wii Pirce drop comming in October

The Ghost of RubangB said:
The fact that we're even doubting a price cut rumor 3 years after its release is proof that the Wii is the most successful gaming system ever created, and will eventually destroy even the mighty DS.

personnaly, I dont doubt about the price cut

even if I admit it doesn't really NEED one (=/= to Xbox360/PS3)

also ... Another WORLD was a great game  !!!!

Time to Work !

Around the Network

finally.

IF that turns out to be true, I´ll be very curious to read Malstrom´s reaction since he´s very adamant Nintendo won´t cut the price (it´s not a 'Blue Ocean' strategy).

And Rubang, I dunno man, the DS stomps all over the Wii with no signs of slowing down.

JGarret said:
IF that turns out to be true, I´ll be very curious to read Malstrom´s reaction since he´s very adamant Nintendo won´t cut the price (it´s not a 'Blue Ocean' strategy).

And Rubang, I dunno man, the DS stomps all over the Wii with no signs of slowing down.

He said that if they did it would be their second big strategic mistake (the first was making Wii Music focussed on UGC).

I don't believe the rumour. Seems way too vague, they don't even show us the ad. It vaguely dates a cut, and doesn't give an amount or any real details at all. Beside that, it doesn't make any sense. It goes against BOS, it goes against what Iwata has been saying for ages, and it's "leak" happened just as the PS3 slim numbers came out and there's a sudden sense of "doooom" around Wii. I think Kotaku, or perhaps their source, is bullshitting.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

A $199 priced Wii will give a nice boost to sales and probably secure a fourth Holiday sales victory in a row.

It's the optimal strategic choice in my opinion. October price $199.

For example, HD guys like me start to feel it's worth it to get a Wii @ around $199.

Around the Network

I refuse to buy multiple Wii's of assorted colours if the price doesn't drop to $99.

Heard that Nintendo? I am threatening you!

I would rather get the black Wii than a price drop.

Give me my colors, Nintendo!

Price cut + new colours + new bundles = absolute win!

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

Garamond said:
I would rather get the black Wii than a price drop.

Give me my colors, Nintendo!

That's almost guaranteed. They're bringing out black Wii remote/motion plus bundles, after all.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

They need no price drop.With different colours and 2 new bundles:wii sports resort and new super mario bros,they'll have their usual ridiculous sales by the holiday period.oh and maybe wii fit plus.When that come out?@Maykissthebride,Red Steel 2.Metroid Prime trilogy.Muramasa:demon Blade.TMNT:Smash up.Spyborgs.Minininjas(wii version probably sell more than other versions).Call of Duty:Modern Warfare Reflex.Do u want me to continue?

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7530/gohansupersaiyan239du.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://www.deviantart.com/download/109426596/Shippuden_Team_7_by_Tsubaki_chan.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://image.hotdog.hu/_data/members0/772/1047772/images/kepek_illusztraciok/Bleach%2520-%2520Ishida%2520Uryuu%25201.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

3DS: tolu619

Wii U: FoyehBoys

Vita, PS3 and PS4: FoyehBoys

XBoxOne: Tolu619

Switch: Tolu619

Kugali - We publish comics from all across Africa and the diaspora, and we also push the boundaries of Augmented Reality storytelling. Check us out!

My thread for teaching VGC some Nigerian slangs