By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The 360's lead over the PS3 could vanish within 12 months time.

The only reason i exclude 360 hardware boosts for software releases is because Gears of war and Halo Reach already will have had 2 releases of the franchises on the console which leads logic to say those who would consider buying the system for those potential IP's would have already had a reason to jump in.

Whereas we dont have a FF or GT or even God of War yet this Gen.

Around the Network
steverhcp02 said:
The only reason i exclude 360 hardware boosts for software releases is because Gears of war and Halo Reach already will have had 2 releases of the franchises on the console which leads logic to say those who would consider buying the system for those potential IP's would have already had a reason to jump in.

Why would established franchises, with multiple releases on a system, boost future sales of the system?

richardhutnik said:
steverhcp02 said:

Why would established franchises, with multiple releases on a system, boost future sales of the system?

???? They wont. Thats what im saying. I reread my post, and i thought it was clear.

seeing what MS has done this gen, beating Sony at their own game- it's going to be really hard for the PS3 to pass the 360.

i think we can all agree that Sony won't cut the price of the PS3 again until 2011, but MS sure can cut the arcade price to 149 this year and then to 99 by 2011, if they simply want to.

I am a big PS3 fan but even I don't think the PS3 will be able to beat X360 in lifetime consoles sold. At best they might tie a few years from now.
What the slim and price drop did was to make sure that the PS3 becomes a success.
The 360 is still firmly in the second spot IMO.

It is better to die on one's feet

then live on one's knees

Around the Network

Why is this even a debate?
The PS3 is never going to get sustained 400K Weekly Sales. It will probably stabilize at 10-30K/week higher than it was before the price drop, so low 100ks.

Wii has more 20 million sellers than PS3 has 5 million sellers.

Acolyte of Disruption

Showertea said:
The PS3 is never going to get sustained 400K Weekly Sales. It will probably stabilize at 10-30K/week higher than it was before the price drop, so low 100ks.

so you think it will sell 15k a week in japan and then 90k more across all of Others and the USA after a remodel and $100 price reduction.

Interesting.

steverhcp02 said:
Showertea said:

so you think it will sell 15k a week in japan and then 90k more across all of Others and the USA after a remodel and $100 price reduction.

Interesting.

Yeah, pretty much. Price drops don't give giant permanent boosts. They give small permanent boosts and huge boosts that last less than a month. If the PS3 does better than 400K next week I'll eat my hat.

Wii has more 20 million sellers than PS3 has 5 million sellers.

Acolyte of Disruption

the ps3 wont overtake the 360 in 12 months and if it does overtake the 360 it wont be before late 2011 at the earliest, early 2012 seems the most logical scenario though. but that only seems logical at the current state of affairs, if "natal" does capture the casual fans like the wii did. then the 360 has alot better chance at keeping 2nd place this gen for good. overall i think the ps3 slim sales will drop by 50% during the 2nd week and then average around 150K a week worldwide afterwards. also the 360 has enough blockbusters in its pocket to get its sales for at least the next 2-3 years of holiday sales to alot it to hit the 45-50 system sell mark.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Showertea said:
steverhcp02 said:
Showertea said:

Interesting.

Yeah, pretty much. Price drops don't give giant permanent boosts. They give small permanent boosts and huge boosts that last less than a month. If the PS3 does better than 400K next week I'll eat my hat.

wow, way to go out on a limb there.

If the 360 outsells the PS3 in japan next week ill get a boob job. And im a man.