By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The 360's lead over the PS3 could vanish within 12 months time.

So its 360's turn for the doomed threads now eh? tsk, tsk..

Around the Network

Don't worry, the d0med threads will die down in 2 years.

the ps3 probably wont go lower than 250k for a while now.

deathgod33 said:
seeing what MS has done this gen, beating Sony at their own game- it's going to be really hard for the PS3 to pass the 360.

i think we can all agree that Sony won't cut the price of the PS3 again until 2011, but MS sure can cut the arcade price to 149 this year and then to 99 by 2011, if they simply want to.

but what is a 360 price cut gonna do now? its already cheap enough tot eh point where anyone wants one is gonna get one! a 360 price cut wont do anything. how can microsoft increase 360 sales now? they've already done everything with the price.

One swallow doesn't make a blowj...summer. Let's wait a few weeks before we pronounce Sony as having rehabilitated sales back to where they would have wanted at first launch, and destined to consistenly outsell 360 by any sort of significant margin.

I think 360 has the sales momentum to carry it through this generation in a competitive position, albeit unlikely to maintain an LTD sales lead anywhere other than the NA region.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

yah i like my ps3 better but i still like my 360, who really cares about sales , if you are a true gamer you really need both ps3 and 360, they both have great games. everybody stop worrying about sales, its like you have little dick syndrome, who cares who sales more, compatection is good, i hope sony smacks microsoft, then microsoft comes back and smacks sony, it will continue this way, and when it does we all win, better games come, and that is good for us. STOP THE SALES  BS, hope they all do well, so we keep playing better and better games. you would almost thing all these gamers are females with all the drama.

SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
the ps3 probably wont go lower than 250k for a while now.

Want to bet on that? I doubt they'll be over 250K by the end of september.

Wii has more 20 million sellers than PS3 has 5 million sellers.

Acolyte of Disruption

Can we just say that both consoles are "doomed" when they go out of production for the turn of the next generation.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

tedsteriscool said:
WessleWoggle said:
If PS3 starts outselling 360, the 360 slim will be released.

And failure rates will skyrocket again?

I don't think they're at a point in which they could reduce heat output and improve airflow enough to release a slim.

Really, after 4 years you don't think they could have figured out a way to shuffle some things around?  Your fanboy is really showing here.

@topic:  The PS3 had some amazing numbers this week, and the full month will look mighty impressive once NPD rolls around, but it will not settle higher than 200k this year, and by next February/March it will be back down to averaging 150k like it did last year. 

I think people are forgetting the power of Blu-ray.