By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The 360's lead over the PS3 could vanish within 12 months time.

Erm... was this thread not sarcasm? It had me going until

"Imagine if the PS3 could average 300 to 400k consoles per week for the next 12 months- it could become reality."

Anyways, like SpartanFX mentioned, Sony has lost a ton over the PS3, I'd say they deserve a break.

Around the Network
Cueil said:
What will PS3 fanboys do if Sony loses this Christmas again? Me personally I hope for a good Christmas for all parties... they certainlly need it

Mass suicide, why what were you thinking?

SpartanFX said:
@darc

when did you get a PS3?

A few months ago. I got it to swap with my brother for his 60GB. I made thread about. The swap didn't work out however, still pissed about it. I never would brought the damned thing if i would have known I could have swapped it for a Full BC model. Well at least I get to play VC whenever I want now

Threads like this make me wonder why I am on forums... Seems like such a waste of time.

numonex said:

I hate to finally accept it but I have a bad feeling that the PS3  now has the unbeatable advantage over its nearest rival the XBox 360. It deeply saddens me and my heart goes out to all the 360 fans worldwide. The only good thing will be is that the XBox 360 will have enjoyed almost 5 years of being in front of the PS3 in total console sales when the PS3 overtakes the 360 late 2010. The 360 will probably get to 40 million sales before the PS3 in early 2010. But 50 million console sales it looks more likely the PS3 will get there before the 360.

One week of  VGChartz sales has totally changed the race between the PS3 and 360. A mind blowing 400k in 360 lead wiped out due to the PS3 Slim launch at the very cheap price of $299. 550k PS3 Slims sold in one week. Imagine if the PS3 could average 300 to 400k consoles per week for the next 12 months- it could become reality.

I also believe the 360 may never outsell the PS3 ever again in worldwide weekly sales now that the PS3 Slim has launched with its $299 price and a long list of PS3 exclusive games are soon to be released late 2009 and early 2010.  The PS3 outsell the 360 by more  than 100k every week for the next 12 months  and beyond which would wipe out the XBox 360s sales lead over the PS3.

The PS3 could be  the new PS2. $299 price was the same price the PS1 and PS2 launched with in America. Sony has finally delivered this generation and turned things around for good. A night mare if your a 360 fan but a dream come true if your a PS3 fan.

have u been looking at my predictions bhr said ps3 will get to 53m b4 360 does

it may but the 360 still has some chances to outsell WW

thats wat everybody thought last year with the 360 but just wait ps3 sales will die down at some point next year to sell close to wat the 360 will be doing

yes indeed a nightmare

idk y thers so much hate with these types a threads the guy is just giving his thoughts on console sales

Play Me

Around the Network

Well of course it could become a reality but history tells us that the first week after a price change is always the most signifigant.

I expect the 400 lead reduction to fall to 250 and then maybe 100 thousand per week for 6 months. This all relies on no counter measures from Microsoft or Nintendo.

Basically its a great move by Sony which ultimately should put them into a tie for the HiDef lead in about 18 months time.

Thing is 18 months is a long time in video gaming. Natal will be out in the wild and the first murmurings about nex gen will start up in early 2011.

Sony have saved the PS3 but we will see the fiscal damage done further down the line.

I fear despite all the good this move will do, the good ship SONY could be holed beneath the waterline.

How come the PS3 got such a huge boost from lowering their price to $299? But the 360 lowering the elite to $299 doesn't even cause a bump? Have they not officially lowered the price yet?

PS3 will catch up to the 360 but wont surpass it. Unless they get some really awsome pupular series going like halo. But I don't it. I want Ps3 to surpass but it wont. Microsoft will soon start anouncing more 360 only games like the Ps3.

You do realize that the only must have market is the US, don't you? Sony will never catch MS in the US. If fact, by the time ODST comes out, MS will be back on top in the NPDs.

don't forget about 360s halo odst and halo reach they will change everything.