By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The 360's lead over the PS3 could vanish within 12 months time.

I hate to finally accept it but I have a bad feeling that the PS3  now has the unbeatable advantage over its nearest rival the XBox 360. It deeply saddens me and my heart goes out to all the 360 fans worldwide. The only good thing will be is that the XBox 360 will have enjoyed almost 5 years of being in front of the PS3 in total console sales when the PS3 overtakes the 360 late 2010. The 360 will probably get to 40 million sales before the PS3 in early 2010. But 50 million console sales it looks more likely the PS3 will get there before the 360.

One week of  VGChartz sales has totally changed the race between the PS3 and 360. A mind blowing 400k in 360 lead wiped out due to the PS3 Slim launch at the very cheap price of $299. 550k PS3 Slims sold in one week. Imagine if the PS3 could average 300 to 400k consoles per week for the next 12 months- it could become reality.

I also believe the 360 may never outsell the PS3 ever again in worldwide weekly sales now that the PS3 Slim has launched with its $299 price and a long list of PS3 exclusive games are soon to be released late 2009 and early 2010.  The PS3 outsell the 360 by more  than 100k every week for the next 12 months  and beyond which would wipe out the XBox 360s sales lead over the PS3.

The PS3 could be  the new PS2. $299 price was the same price the PS1 and PS2 launched with in America. Sony has finally delivered this generation and turned things around for good. A night mare if your a 360 fan but a dream come true if your a PS3 fan.

Around the Network

I dont know why but ...

I have the feeling u are making this thread just to make people thinkj that PS3 > Xbox360 easly in sales

that will allow you to come back with the "PS3 is doomed thread" when PS3 sales will slowdown

Time to Work !

Flame bait.....I just saw this guys post on the other thread saying ps3 is over tracked because there is no way it could have done 550k this week.

It could.

But it won't.

Wait, you think PS3 is going to maintain sales over 400k weekly?

Around the Network

Relax. The lead will shrink but I doubt it will vanish.

hmmmm, 360 is domed?!?!?!? hide!!!!!!!!

"...bad feeling"

Say wha? How is increased PS3 sales "bad"?

Wow tc you got a grim look on things. The Wii became the non-gamer's gaming console and as we've seen so far they pretty much make out 50% of the market. I would go as far as to say that the Wii is in a totally different non-competing segment of the gaming market then the 360 and PS3.

So the PS3 may defeat the 360 but it will not become the new PS2. Only an innovative device such as the eyetoy or the Wii-mote could make that happen. And Microsoft has just as much chance as Sony, so if the full body motion thing becomes a hit then it's all about the PS3-wand and Natal, not about the PS3 Slim. BUt for now the PS3 will not become the new PS2, that titles is for the Wii.

As for the PS3 outselling the 360, I think your right about that one. The Playstation brand is a lot stronger but why are you feeling bad for the 360 fans? The 360 has sold enough consoles for every multiplat to get a 360 release, it is too important to ignore even if they will never surpase the 35 million mark. Feel bad for Microsoft, they put a lot of afford in it and they could only win the US market.

There is still a long way to come... and the war between the two companies is not over.

@Numonex: If it may ease your pain , I'm pretty sure that MS can make more money than Sony, even with a smaller install base.

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.