By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The 360's lead over the PS3 could vanish within 12 months time.

no one can be completely certain but with the 360's current 7.84 M lead i think that this time next year the ps3 will still be behind. I mean really, i would be pretty darn impressed if the 360's lead was cut down to a measly 2-3 M by this time next year.

Around the Network

We all know PS3 will win this generation in our hearts, souls, and minds.

nolpuk said:
Bullet100000 said:
libellule said:
I dont know why but ...

I have the feeling u are making this thread just to make people thinkj that PS3 > Xbox360 easly in sales

that will allow you to come back with the "PS3 is doomed thread" when PS3 sales will slowdown

My thoughts exactly.

X360 fanboy talking about 360 is doomed!

is it a Conspiracy?

LOL

He should have made an alt account XD

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

PS3 will not outsell 360 in the long run. It will narrow the gap so it isn't such a slaughter but it will not come back. Only way it will outsell the 360 is if Microsoft introduces a new system and the 360 stops being the main system... basically microsoft ending 360 but Sony still pushing the PS3 lol

I highly doubt it will happen within 12 months.

Around the Network

Well it can't become reality because the ps3 can't average 300k to 400k consoles per week. 360 has it's fair share of great games too so many would still choose the 360 over the ps3. If the ps3 ever catches up to the 360, I highly doubt it would take less than 3 years,

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

numonex said:

I hate to finally accept it but I have a bad feeling that the PS3  now has the unbeatable advantage over its nearest rival the XBox 360. It deeply saddens me and my heart goes out to all the 360 fans worldwide. The only good thing will be is that the XBox 360 will have enjoyed almost 5 years of being in front of the PS3 in total console sales when the PS3 overtakes the 360 late 2010. The 360 will probably get to 40 million sales before the PS3 in early 2010. But 50 million console sales it looks more likely the PS3 will get there before the 360.

One week of  VGChartz sales has totally changed the race between the PS3 and 360. A mind blowing 400k in 360 lead wiped out due to the PS3 Slim launch at the very cheap price of $299. 550k PS3 Slims sold in one week. Imagine if the PS3 could average 300 to 400k consoles per week for the next 12 months- it could become reality.

I also believe the 360 may never outsell the PS3 ever again in worldwide weekly sales now that the PS3 Slim has launched with its $299 price and a long list of PS3 exclusive games are soon to be released late 2009 and early 2010.  The PS3 outsell the 360 by more  than 100k every week for the next 12 months  and beyond which would wipe out the XBox 360s sales lead over the PS3.

The PS3 could be  the new PS2. $299 price was the same price the PS1 and PS2 launched with in America. Sony has finally delivered this generation and turned things around for good. A night mare if your a 360 fan but a dream come true if your a PS3 fan.

I'm sorry, but I find your logic very hard to follow.  You are thinking way too short term.  Yes, the PS3 has sold outrageous last month and probably this month.  There is no way it will keep that up, no console can.

I think you are also forgetting that Natal is launching next year, which is basically a relaunch just like the PS3 was.  Plus I can guarantee you that Wii has something up its sleeves sometime in the near future.

The race is not over and is not going to be over until the next generation is upon us. 

XBOX LIVE: macr0planet

PSN: MacroPlanet_DSGN

Steam: MacroPlanet

Modern Warfare 2 - Uncharted 2 - Assassin's Creed 2 - Mass Effect 2 - Alan Wake - Forza 3 - Splinter Cell: Conviction - God of War 3

I wish we would coordinate doomsday threads so that everyone is always on the same page...

Maybe we should publish a schedule on the main page so we know what console is doomed...

This is such a sarcastic joke thread that its just too easy! Numonex is a huge 360 fanboy and would never ever say something like this and mean it....

kitler53 said:
no one can be completely certain but with the 360's current 7.84 M lead i think that this time next year the ps3 will still be behind. I mean really, i would be pretty darn impressed if the 360's lead was cut down to a measly 2-3 M by this time next year.

i think the lead could diminish to 4 million by january 1 2011. That to me is realistic. If the PS3 simply outsells the 360 by an average of 70k per week WW. 35k in others 25k in japan and 10k in america, give or take a few and spikes for GT WW, the rumored bundles in Others this holiday and FF in japan.

The curveball in the way of analysis now is Natal and the wand.

Whichever company does a better job of expanding the userbase based on those two products will secure second place and we will surely know by the beginning of 2011 which is exciting.