By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gran Turismo 5’s “Head Tracking” Explained - Amazing fearure!

Can we wait and see how it actually works before calling it daft, please >_>

Around the Network

When it was revealed, a lot of people said the Wii was daft.

Look how that turned out.

All im saying is, id rather have it in my game... than not have it in my game.

How much Real can GT get

Gotta go get an PSeyez

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

the technology sounds interesting, but it doesn't seem that practical.

why would i want to look away from the monitor when i'm driving? will i actually be able to see the changes that are happening on screen to make this worth while?

i'm a peripheral junkie, but until this has been proven, i'm still not getting the pseye.

kowenicki said:
@carl

Right now, Natal is the only proper answer on the horizon to this particular question.

Which question? Head tracking in a racing game?

We dont really know that. Just wait for this to be fully explained.

Around the Network
mtofu said:
the technology sounds interesting, but it doesn't seem that practical.

why would i want to look away from the monitor when i'm driving? will i actually be able to see the changes that are happening on screen to make this worth while?

i'm a peripheral junkie, but until this has been proven, i'm still not getting the pseye.

on a driving game/sim is useful to look at corner's apex and when you have other vehicles to your side (that is overtakings and starts).  

nightsurge said:
kowenicki said:
@carl

so you see yourself using head tracking... as shown in the vid?

He's just mocking Turn 10.  What GT fanboy isn't, these days?

I can almost guarantee this will work like crap and you may use it once to try it then never use it again.  The EyeToy just doesn't work well without some big bright light to track, so if you are like the average adult and plays video games later in the evening in dimmer lighting, you're screwed.

just like people mocked SONY for being cocky after E3 06

GT fans are mocking Turn 10 for being cocky.....nothing big or fanboyish about it, they so had it coming to them

@kowenicki

stop bringing NATAL into this thread, keep it civil, you are sounding a bit desperate

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

PSEye will be on my shopping list when GT5 comes out if this feature is included.

Get ready to crash your car. :)

darthdevidem01 said:
nightsurge said:
kowenicki said:
@carl

so you see yourself using head tracking... as shown in the vid?

He's just mocking Turn 10.  What GT fanboy isn't, these days?

I can almost guarantee this will work like crap and you may use it once to try it then never use it again.  The EyeToy just doesn't work well without some big bright light to track, so if you are like the average adult and plays video games later in the evening in dimmer lighting, you're screwed.

just like people mocked SONY for being cocky after E3 06

GT fans are mocking Turn 10 for being cocky.....nothing big or fanboyish about it, they so had it coming to them

@kowenicki

stop bringing NATAL into this thread, keep it civil, you are sounding a bit desperate

Right on

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)