By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gran Turismo 5’s “Head Tracking” Explained - Amazing fearure!

epicurean said:
Could we just get an automated message for nightsurge and kowenicki on all PS3 threads? Just have it say "Looks dumb", "natal is better", "won't be implemented well", etc.? It could really save them a lot of time and effort. Well, time anyway.

OT: I'm not big into racing games, but the first time I saw this I thought it was one of the coolest features in a game in a while. Who hasn't stood up, moved to the right or left slightly, etc., to try and get a better angle, then to realize you're being dumb...now you won't be, and it'll actually work!

Sadly that's all fanboys hear, which means our efforts are lost on deaf ears.  The ones who actually reply and try to have some decent conversation with us are what gives me hope for this forum.

It's really sad that people actually WANT to just believe everything they see or hear without any speculation or hard proof.  I have said nothing in a means to deter the game, just to question the usefulness or even the functionality of this technology.  The world isn't all rainbows and gum drops so please next time understand my valid arguments and concerns rather than try to write them off.

Around the Network

Are some just dense or what ?

Just some simple ratios, it increases as more turn is given.

So turn head 15" tv thing turns 30 turn head 30" tv thing turns 180 god kids its not rocket science.

NJ5 said:
Smart move from Sony, now more PS3 owners will be halfway ready to use the upcoming motion controls.

Wow... I'm stupid... haha... this didn't even hit me till I read your post and I feel like I should have thought of it before even getting through the video.

@Kowenicki: Maybe you need a few platinum trophies before you earn their respect, its like pokemon... you really need your badges to progress in this game.

lol stop this fanboy hating we should now just wait for the official demo for PD
before we start hating each other.

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

Around the Network

Do we have any confirmation of how this works outside of a list in a features set?

I would suggest that accurate tracking with the eye toy would be unlikely personally and it's more likely that it will be pre determined view changes. By this I mean if you tip or rotate your head in one direction the screen will move a specific distance left or right panning. Certainly a interesting feature although I suspect most top players will not use it in case the tracking cocks up pre corner on a hot time.

@kowenicki

ofcourse your not a fanboy, but you do heavily favour 360 & have made it obvious countelss times........but unlike fanboys, you don't blindly hate PSWii

but there's nothing wrong in that, we are humans not opinionless zombies

@Thread

personally, I don't care

I just wanna play GT like I did when I was 8 on the PS1

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Wow, that's amazing! Would be great for FPS as well!

kowenicki said:
@epicurean

Except that isnt what happens.. for instance go look at any uncharted 2 amongst other games threads, any blu-ray thread, the recent thread CGI started about the zoom in hi res gizmo... where I praise PS3 - I have often praised the PS3. I am in no way a fanboy or hater of any system (well.. wii gets me a littel miffed sometimes). So I would appreciate you not slagging me off without any foundation... ok? good.

Dude stop trying to come across as less bias than you are , you clealy favour the 360 and slag off the PS3 at most opportunities you get.

I think people would respsect you more if you didn't try to sell yourself as unbiased , you clearly aren't.

So much negativity... I found the demo video of TrackIR in an earlier post quite impressive. Looks like a very good idea to me.

4 ≈ One