By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - do you guys think Zelda games should have voices from now on?

Sure why not

Around the Network
Garamond said:
Sure why not

Because it would keep them from makign Suikoden VI

I would give it a try... But I'm not sure if i would like it...

1   2   3  not only you and me.

Livin' in sin is the new thing.

Mayb nintendo should keep it without voice acting. BUT.. I think it would be really cool if they put out a video of a cgi link speaking and have a voice actor say a few lines. If the reaction on the forums and by crtics is good. they put it in. but leave in the option to take his voice out and just have the traditional grunts. but IMO everyone else (mayb with the exception of ganon and zelda) shopuld have voices. mayb do the voice test thing with zelda and ganon as well.

As long as Link doesnt talk its all fine!

There is no Knowledge that is not Power

Around the Network

Absolutely not.

Yes, I think they should talk.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I really wouldn't mind if all the peripheral characters had voice acting, but like others have said - not Link. Saying that I wouldn't mind if all the characters were silent... and ultimately the silent game would be released faster.

I always thought it should be like this:

Link does not talk and it should be Hylian language (made up), like Midna or Jabun and Valoo.

Not only this would fit well and wouldn't break the game's legendary feel but also Nintendo wouldn't need to find voice actors for every languages. So it wouldn't take too long to do and release.

Absolutely yes!

Lack of voice-acting is primitive and old-fashioned. Voices rule for creating immersion.

I wouldnt mind an English speaking game, but if they have the resources they can invent a language, although that risks sounding awkward too. Link shouldnt speak though.