By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - do you guys think Zelda games should have voices from now on?

if link doesn't talk i'm fine.

Around the Network

Yea, I think Zelda is ready for full voice acting. Must be done right though of course.

No, it could only be disappointing.

"Now, a fun game should always be easy to understand - you should be able to take one look at it and know what you have to do straight away. It should be so well constructed that you can tell at a glance what your goal is and, even if you don’t succeed, you’ll blame yourself rather than the game. Moreover, the people standing around watching the game have also got to be able to enjoy it." - Shiggy

A Koopa's Revenge II gameplay video

I don't want anyone to talk.

the worse idea ever for nintendo since when they created the gamecube.

Gintama is the funniest show EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Proud owner of all currnet gen consoles.

I not a big wii fan

Okita the sadist.

Around the Network

I want full voice acting,including Link.Most people are afraid of change,but their actually afraid of change NOT DONE WELL!If the voice acting is as good as the best u've seen in other games,nobody will complain.Look at the comic cutscenes in Jak & Daxter 2 or the memorable cutscenes in MGS.Sometimes,the tone in which people say something makes u remember it for ever.
Even DIGIMOLN has a quote I can never forget:"You've just begun 2 see our power!" by Kabuterimon.
If nintendo aims for excellence when adding VOs,even those of u that say they don't want VOs,especially for Link,will change their minds.Look at how the innovations of the wii & DS led to both some of the greatest/most unique games of all time and to so much shovel ware.They should do it VERY WELL,or not do it AT ALL!

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7530/gohansupersaiyan239du.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://www.deviantart.com/download/109426596/Shippuden_Team_7_by_Tsubaki_chan.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://image.hotdog.hu/_data/members0/772/1047772/images/kepek_illusztraciok/Bleach%2520-%2520Ishida%2520Uryuu%25201.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

3DS: tolu619

Wii U: FoyehBoys

Vita, PS3 and PS4: FoyehBoys

XBoxOne: Tolu619

Switch: Tolu619

Kugali - We publish comics from all across Africa and the diaspora, and we also push the boundaries of Augmented Reality storytelling. Check us out!

My thread for teaching VGC some Nigerian slangs

well i think its a good idea since i think he will be more adult in the new game.
same way as when jak in jak and daxter suddenly talked

I would rather have voice acting, but I just don't see conservative Nintendo changing their ways anytime soon.

I'd say no, but Khuutra's idea is actually pretty good. I would just hate to have the illusion i have crafted about Zelda and Ganondorf for so long shattered by giving them voices, by giving them personalities more distinct than they already have. Ganondorf's evil, Zelda's desperation, i don't want some director determing who they are, and Link talking would just be sacrilege

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

The fight is on!