By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - do you guys think Zelda games should have voices from now on?

No, since final fantasy had voice acting (some of it was really bad like vaan's irritating voice for the english version) it kind of ruined it a lil, voice acting does have the potential to ruin zelda unless they use some made up language just as mentioned before, i say keep it how it is, that way you can imagine exactly how you want link to sound.

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

Around the Network

As long as Link remains as silent as he ever was, YES.

What Khuutra said. Link should stay silent but it would be cool if the other characters spoke a made-up language. The way Midna talks in TP fits very well imo.

If Nintendo gave Link a voice I think it would split the fanbase just like Wind Waker did, but much worse.

clapiotis said:
Yes to professional voice acting.
Yes to subtitles (helps a great deal for non native English speaking gamers comprehend faster what they are listening)

i would say yes for both.

alot of people these days don't care about text and they normally skip them.

Around the Network

Never!!

Would be okay, if done right. Link needs to remain mute, though. :p

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

A Zelda game is not one of those that would need voice acting. Zelda games aren't exactly heavy on the story. It's about genius puzzles and gameplay. Anything extra just detracts from what makes zelda games great. The voice stuff they have added have usually been annoying.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

Well, if they do voice acting, they should also include the option the turn the voices off and just use written text instead.

Also, wtf, Galaki, that was hilarious! :p

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

I'm gonna have to go with NO.