By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What will Nintendo do now?

Nintendo has weeks before they'll act.

Come the fall conference, something will happen. I don't know what, but it's going to be.... big, I imagine.

Around the Network

I read somewhere that Nintendo doesn't rely on investors for fund raising. They operate mostly on sales and cash reserves. Is this true?

If it is, why would it matter for them to meet their FY projections? I'm sure they have vast cash reserves after the past 3 years.

I think they'll probably let the rest of this year play out as it is and prepare for a super-amazing 2010.

Super Mario Galaxy 2, Metroid: Other M, Wii Vitality, and possibly Zelda Wii or Pikmin 3. It's already looking quite amazing and I'm sure that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Why would they even give out projections if they didn't matter? Can you make sense please?

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

They give out projections because they are a publicly traded company so it's sort of a requirement.

But if they are already sitting on vast cash reserves from the last 3 years, and their stock goes down as a result of an under-performing FY, why should they care?

sure i think thats a reasonable prediction, now we play the waiting game.

Around the Network

bundle the wii mote with the nunchuck and wii motion plus with a lower price, and drop the price of the wii, stop being greedy nintendo

mortono said:
They give out projections because they are a publicly traded company so it's sort of a requirement.

But if they are already sitting on vast cash reserves from the last 3 years, and their stock goes down as a result of an under-performing FY, why should they care?

Oh yeah, they are sitting on a huge pile of money, so why even make games and consoles anymore?

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Continue to march to the beat of their own drum and do whatever they think will make them the most profit.

I'm starting thinking that their silence is suspect...i'm quite sure they know something big that we don't know, and it's not a game (and not just a Wii DVD player!).

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

I really don't know what they'll do. But they are in a position to do so much. I actually don't think a console has ever been in the position the Wii has. 3 years without a price cut, integral peripherals that could see bundling (balance board and Motion Plus) and record breaking software (a Mario Kart Bundle would be unlike any other potential software bundle before it).

What I'd really like to see is Nintendo start offering a couple different bundle options. A Wiifitplus bundle with board, a Sports resut M+ Bundle, A Mario Kart bundle with wheel and maybe even a Metroid Prime Trilogy bundle( with a flashy Wii case).

I know people often complain about different skus. But this isn't so much the confusing variety of sku as it is the door opening kind. It'll also make developing for the wii's two mega peripherals even more appealing. So that's what I'm calling for. Peripheral bundles that are a fair bit cheaper than the standalone parts.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.