By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - If the 360 can't do graphics like the PS3, HOW can it do THIS?

Carl2291 said:
selnor said:
libellule said:
"If anything using exclusives shows there is nothing between the consoles. :)"

u continue with this ... we know GT5 eat FM3 graphically
we know KZ2 has eaten Halo graphically
and we know Uncharted will eat all the others ...

PS3 > 360 graphically.

Well I completely disagree. The latest Forza 3 videos Eat GT5 alive. Incredible is the word. With double the draw distance to. And all the graphics done on the GPU alone. With the CPU giving what previews are calling the best physics ever seen on consoles.

You compare KZ2 to Halo 3? LOL. I'll wait for Halo Reach if you like. Alan Wake eats KZ2 alive if you ask me. And Uncharted is nice. But I prefer Heavy Rain and Alan Wake. Also KUF2 looks insane as does Splinter Cell.

From what we have seen, GT5 and Forza 3 look pretty much the same graphically. And we are yet to see full HD game videos of GT5 like the Forza ones you keep posting everywhere.

You will wait for Halo reach, which will be releasing ~2 years after KZ2... it is natural for that to probably look better. Yey.

Alan Wake we haven't seen enough of it to say it eats KZ2 alive.

And Uncharted 2, as IGN say... is the best of the best in graphics this gen. KUF2, i haven't seen enough to comment. Splinter Cell IMO looks worse than MGS4, which which will have been surpassed by both consoles when SC releases.

110% Agree on this.

Around the Network
Aldro said:
Carl2291 said:
selnor said:
libellule said:

PS3 > 360 graphically.

Well I completely disagree. The latest Forza 3 videos Eat GT5 alive. Incredible is the word. With double the draw distance to. And all the graphics done on the GPU alone. With the CPU giving what previews are calling the best physics ever seen on consoles.

You compare KZ2 to Halo 3? LOL. I'll wait for Halo Reach if you like. Alan Wake eats KZ2 alive if you ask me. And Uncharted is nice. But I prefer Heavy Rain and Alan Wake. Also KUF2 looks insane as does Splinter Cell.

From what we have seen, GT5 and Forza 3 look pretty much the same graphically. And we are yet to see full HD game videos of GT5 like the Forza ones you keep posting everywhere.

You will wait for Halo reach, which will be releasing ~2 years after KZ2... it is natural for that to probably look better. Yey.

And Uncharted 2, as IGN say... is the best of the best in graphics this gen. KUF2, i haven't seen enough to comment. Splinter Cell IMO looks worse than MGS4, which which will have been surpassed by both consoles when SC releases.

110% Agree on this.

IGN havent previewed the latest build of Forza 3. They have of Uncharted 2. Forza 3 now looks photorealistic at all times because the lighting was last to be implemented fully. Love to see what they think now. The new build of these new tracks etc has only been available for 3 days. So I'm sure they will be as stunned as other media.

Also I said about Halo Reach because he was comparing KZ2 to 2007 game Halo 3. I was being sarcastic. :)

EDIT: None of the Forza 3 videos are direct stream that I posted. They are all cam footage the same as the GT5 footage. :)

You'll find that the first picture in the OP has been touched up and is not a true representation of how the game will look.

Aldro said:
Carl2291 said:
selnor said:
libellule said:

PS3 > 360 graphically.

110% Agree on this.

220% agree

killzone 2 still reigns supreme until uncharted 2 at least

"They will know heghan belongs to the helghast"

"England expects that everyman will do his duty"

"we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender"

selnor said:
Aldro said:
Carl2291 said:
selnor said:
libellule said:

PS3 > 360 graphically.

110% Agree on this.

IGN havent previewed the latest build of Forza 3. They have of Uncharted 2. Forza 3 now looks photorealistic at all times because the lighting was last to be implemented fully. Love to see what they think now. The new build of these new tracks etc has only been available for 3 days. So I'm sure they will be as stunned as other media.

Also I said about Halo Reach because he was comparing KZ2 to 2007 game Halo 3. I was being sarcastic. :)

EDIT: None of the Forza 3 videos are direct stream that I posted. They are all cam footage the same as the GT5 footage. :)

He never said Halo 3, he said Halo. How do you know he didn't mean ODST, which as we all know isnt out yet?

Does that matter that they haven't previewed it? No. It doesn't. The fact remains, IGN think that Uncharted 2 is the best of the best this generation. And seeing that these days IGN is the holy grail of gaming media... that must be something special.

And okay, then we are still yet to see both games direct stream. The real GT5 vs Forza 3 graphics comparison wont be able to be done until TGS, or even then probably at GT5 release... whenever it is.

Around the Network

BladeOfGod said:
NightAntilli said:
It's still clear you understood NOTHING of what I said. Your games that "look" better does not mean the system is more powerful.. But never mind.. I don't even know why i expected you to understand.. You only keep repeating the same over and over again. Yet I've already said why that argument is not logical. Yet you keep going. It's like talking to a wall. Unless you have some REAL evidence that the PS3 system is more powerful for games, I ask you nicely to shut up. Your own point of view and lack of technical knowledge is not evidence...

WHERE DID I SAID ONE SYTSEM IS MORE POWERFULL THAN ANOTHER?????????????

What about here:

BladeOfGod said:

i will believe that 360 can do things like PS3 when i see the game on 360 that looks better than U2 and KZ2

And my answer to that is simply:

NightAntilli said:

And since when does two games, which is 0.36% of the total amount of games on the PS3 and 0.51% of its exclusives, determine that that system is more powerful than the X360?

I can also change the phrase to: And since when does two games, which is 0.36% of the total amount of games on the PS3 and 0.51% of its exclusives, determine that that system can do stuff that the X360 never could?

Truth does not fear investigation

This thread seems very strange and defensive, on the whole 360 games do end up looking slightly nicer than the ps3 versions, is this just because ps3 is having a lot of really nice looking exclusives this year.? ( kZ2, Uncharted2, GT5 )

NightAntilli said:

BladeOfGod said:
NightAntilli said:
It's still clear you understood NOTHING of what I said. Your games that "look" better does not mean the system is more powerful.. But never mind.. I don't even know why i expected you to understand.. You only keep repeating the same over and over again. Yet I've already said why that argument is not logical. Yet you keep going. It's like talking to a wall. Unless you have some REAL evidence that the PS3 system is more powerful for games, I ask you nicely to shut up. Your own point of view and lack of technical knowledge is not evidence...

WHERE DID I SAID ONE SYTSEM IS MORE POWERFULL THAN ANOTHER?????????????

What about here:

BladeOfGod said:

i will believe that 360 can do things like PS3 when i see the game on 360 that looks better than U2 and KZ2

And my answer to that is simply:

NightAntilli said:

And since when does two games, which is 0.36% of the total amount of games on the PS3 and 0.51% of its exclusives, determine that that system is more powerful than the X360?

I can also change the phrase to: And since when does two games, which is 0.36% of the total amount of games on the PS3 and 0.51% of its exclusives, determine that that system can do stuff that the X360 never could?

again, where did i said one system is more POWERFULL than the other???? All i said up there is that i will believe 360 has equal graphics like the PS3 wheh i see the game on 360 that looks better than KZ2 and U2.

Better graphics doesnt always means that the system is more powerfull (although in most cases it does)

crumas2 said:
BladeOfGod said:

Dude, if you WANT to believe that U2 is better looking than any 360 game is an opinion that's fine by me. Whatever makes you sleep at night.

You fail to realize that graphic comparisons are not based on opinion

Most of the time graphic comparisons are little more than subjective.  There are so many variables that go into the final result that it usually takes a significant difference in quality to claim one game's visuals are clearly superior to another's.  I've heard people argue back and forth in threads, often comparing minutia in screen shots (which aren't even valid comparisons as frame-to-frame deltas can make a lot of difference in the final result), trying to point out how one image has better contrast, or shadows, or more details, or better color, or resolution, etc., etc.

It all boils down to how the end-user perceives the result, not what the technical aspects are of the elements.  I've seen paintings that look almost photo realistic, yet they're not considered to be as beautiful as a Rembrandt or a Monet.  You're dealing with consumers at the end, so which game has the best graphics will always be an opinion.

And I have to laugh at some of the responses to Selnor's post of Forza 3 video... I have to believe that some PS3 fans couldn't bring themselves to admit that the 360 is capable of graphics equal to anything created so far on the PS3, even if they were shown something that was completely photo-realistic.  My prediction is that a year from now some PS3 fan will take a look at Alan Wake video and proclaim, "yeah, right... Uncharted 1 blows that away."  

Even if thats true, KZ2 and U2 are still best beating every other game in all variables.

I find this to be very interesting. the whole graphic wars thingy.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5