By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FF13 not downgraded because of 360

How many Final Fantasy titles had Japanese audio in the Western Releases up until now? I could be mistaken but I don't recall any games in the series have more than one language track.

Around the Network

@Darc Requiem

FF games always filled the CDs and DVDs but with blueray space is not an issue

http://www.electricpig.co.uk/2009/05/13/final-fantasy-xiii-to-drop-japanese-dialogue-on-xbox/

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

nen-suer said:
@Darc Requiem

FF games always filled the CDs and DVDs but with blueray space is not an issue

http://www.electricpig.co.uk/2009/05/13/final-fantasy-xiii-to-drop-japanese-dialogue-on-xbox/

That's making the assumption that the game would have had dual voice tracks if it were PS3 exclusive. Despite other CD based JRPGs featuring voice acting in the early 90s. The Final Fantasy series didn't get voice acting until 2001. One would have assumed the series would featured voice acting sooner since JRPGs on the PC-Engine CD and Sega CD had done so two console generations earlier.

@Darc Requiem

you do have a point there....i guess we will never know

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Since blu-ray is not an issue, what is wrong with putting JP audio on it? Can any of you give me a valid reason not to put it on?

Around the Network

I think that the game isn't downgraded in the fact that they had to take things out, but to the extent of where things could'be been put in, I remember reading an article on IGN(I think) where they were interviewing the VP on S-E and I remmeber him say that a dual-audio track would be possible on the PS3 and not the 360 and so no Japanese audio because they want both game to be equal

that upset many hardcore JRPG fans...

Darc Requiem said:
How many Final Fantasy titles had Japanese audio in the Western Releases up until now? I could be mistaken but I don't recall any games in the series have more than one language track.

Based on that logic we shouldn't complain if a sequel to a game isn't more expansive than the previous title in terms of features.

Million said:
Darc Requiem said:

Based on that logic we shouldn't complain if a sequel to a game isn't more expansive than the previous title in terms of features.

I see you convienently skipped my follow up post. Just because they have the space for dual voice tracks does not mean they will use it. SE had the space for voice acting starting in 1997 with FFVII but didn't actually implement the feature until 2001. Optical Disk based JRPGs started featuring voice acting in the early 90s. The game lacking dual voice tracks is simply a Square Enix decision. Lost Odyssey has dual voice tracks BTW.

CGI-Quality said:
nen-suer said:
@Darc Requiem

you do have a point there....i guess we will never know

With Versus still being PS3 exclusive, we may soon know...

True, but i dont think it will remain that way....

Darc Requiem said:
Million said:
Darc Requiem said:

I see you convienently skipped my follow up post. Just because they have the space for dual voice tracks does not mean they will use it. SE had the space for voice acting starting in 1997 with FFVII but didn't actually implement the feature until 2001. Optical Disk based JRPGs started featuring voice acting in the early 90s. The game lacking dual voice tracks is simply a Square Enix decision. Lost Odyssey has dual voice tracks BTW.

Were there even voiceovers, PERIOD, in 1997? No, you say? What about 2001? That's when FFX came out? That's when the first Final Fantasy game had voiceovers? Wait, the first time they had VOs, they included both languages?

What're you getting at?

And don't keep ignoring the fact that the SE VP himself said that the reason dual language isn't on there is because of the 360. You can't cut it any dryer than "With the PS3, we had room to put additional languages on there, but that wasn't possible for the 360. So since we want both games to be equal, we'll just have the keep that feature out"