By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Five reasons why Final Fantasy XIII should be a Wii exclusive

6) Wii > Japan?

Wii/PC/DS Lite/PSP-2000 owner, shameless Nintendo and AMD fanboy.

My comp, as shown to the right (click for fullsize pic)

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3.2 GHz
Video Card: XFX 1 GB Radeon HD 5870
Memory: 8 GB A-Data DDR3-1600
Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD Pro/USB3
Primary Storage: OCZ Vertex 120 GB
Case: Cooler Master HAF-932
Extra Storage: WD Caviar Black 640 GB,
WD Caviar Black 750 GB, WD Caviar Black 1 TB
Display: Triple ASUS 25.5" 1920x1200 monitors
Sound: HT Omega Striker 7.1 sound card,
Logitech X-540 5.1 speakers
Input: Logitech G5 mouse,
Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 keyboard
Wii Friend Code: 2772 8804 2626 5138 Steam: jefforange89
Around the Network
Garamond said:
Can they add Pokemon instead of monsters so that you can fight like Primeape instead of Goblins (using Fling for Bomb Toss) and ride Dodrio  (more closely related to Chocobo) instead of Chocobos because I would really like that and maybe even add in a few event Pokemon like Deoxys to the story

Fixed.

I see 10 (more or less) people who fell.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

lilwingman said:
Yeah cause all of those grannies wanna play Final Fantasy lol.

LOL

Oh and sure you can have FFXIII, as long as you guys give us DQX, MH3, Some tales games, etc

People who fall for Rol's silly stuff are wonderful, aren't they?

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

Around the Network
c03n3nj0 said:
I see 10 (more or less) people who fell.

No! Don't tell!

I wanted to see more people falling for it :(

I LOVE ICELAND!

jacks81x said:

1. No main FF game has ever sold more than 10 million units worldwide. All 3 current-gen consoles already have a userbase of 20+ million. So it don't matter which console it's being released on. Each console's userbase already exceeds the maximum selling potential of the game.

2. I've never heard anyone of credibility say GTAIV would kill the Wii. So I don't know where you pull that one from. Also, it doesn't matter what the HD sales are. It's the software that makes the profit, not the hardware. The Wii's attach rate is below both the PS3 and the 360.

3. DQX

4. Even if it's dumbed down for the 360, the different is probably neglible. The game would still be in HD. To dumb it down for the Wii would mean the game has to be in SD.

5. Gamers will hate the Wii even more if FFXIII is released on the Wii because the game would look like crap.

Final Fantasy 7 has.

Dgc1808 said:

1) Has a main series FF ever been on a system that's not been market leader? No. So I don't see how you can really prove this... Also, games like Final Fantasy MAKE install bases...

2) Pressure? It's Squares damn fault for taking so long... They have the option of getting assistance from PS3 dev's that know what they're doing and have shown they know how to handle the system. [Naughty Dog and Inzomniac in particular...

3) You're getting Dragon Quest X and Tales of Graces... the PS3 has had NOTHING up to now.

4&5) Meh, not sure what to say for these two since I don't really follow much Wii info.

EDIT: I'd like to add to my number one...

How the hell is this risky?? The game is selling for 90$ in Japan, which is in-line with past FF's...

90$!!! In the country where it's being made. The country where Shipment/Packaging expenses will be the lowest. They're making 50$ per game AT LEAST with that price tag. If they sell 1 million that's 50Million dollars in return... from the PS3's japan sales alone. Most people here without a doubt believe that the game would sell around 1.5M or more first week.... 

Main Final Fantasy and Dragon Quests are MONEY PRINTERS. 

You've been on this site for how long?

Carl2291 said:
jacks81x said:

1. No main FF game has ever sold more than 10 million units worldwide. All 3 current-gen consoles already have a userbase of 20+ million. So it don't matter which console it's being released on. Each console's userbase already exceeds the maximum selling potential of the game.

2. I've never heard anyone of credibility say GTAIV would kill the Wii. So I don't know where you pull that one from. Also, it doesn't matter what the HD sales are. It's the software that makes the profit, not the hardware. The Wii's attach rate is below both the PS3 and the 360.

3. DQX

4. Even if it's dumbed down for the 360, the different is probably neglible. The game would still be in HD. To dumb it down for the Wii would mean the game has to be in SD.

5. Gamers will hate the Wii even more if FFXIII is released on the Wii because the game would look like crap.

Final Fantasy 7 has.

@#1 according to that logic the game would sell 30M if multiplat.

RolStoppable said:
Kantor said:
RolStoppable said:
darthdevidem01 said:

yeah miyamoto said that didn't he.

You have to read more carefully. I wrote "a respected developer" and the first thing you think of is the guy who gave us Wii Music.

That's not really fair. You're ignoring all the awesome games he's made, like Doshin the Giant. There's no need to cherrypick just because you're a Nintendo hater, Rol.

There's nothing wrong with hating on Nintendo. If it weren't for the Wii, we would be one step closer to games being recognized as art. Like for example GTA IV which had oscar worthy dialogue.

The dialogue in Mario Kart Wii was better than even the Godfather! And it was nominated for the Best Game in the Kids Choice awards!

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective