By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Metroid Prime Trilogy sales

So, first week up. 115K in North America. Lower than what I expected, especially since ioi mentioned preorders of around 100k, but I guess this being a collectors item it would be more heavily preordered than your average game.

Anyway, slightly disappointing, and the Metroid games dont usually have the longest legs. Still, hope it stays on the shelves for a while, this games deserve to be played (I am about 80% into MP1 now, so much fun!)

So, what do you guys think of the numbers?

Around the Network

very poor, will drop like a rock too. id be suprised if it charts for more than 5 weeks.

another reason for nintendo to put more resources into casual games instead of traditional games

Nice. I hope it gets some legs, but I guess it probably won't.

Just to put this into perspective:

NA first week sales, New Play Control games:

Mario Power Tennis - 50,000
Pikmin - 30,000
Donkey Kong Barrel Blast - 10,000

Remember, as great as Metroid is, we ARE talking about a re-release here. Punch Out!! did less than this during it's first week too.

This was never going to be a blockbuster.

From what I've heard the split-screen isn't great, so I doubt it will manage viral legs.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Around the Network

Higher than expected, this is not a new release, are the same games from Nintendo GameCube and Wii put togheter. I have only played Corruption, but I would never buy this game only because I didn't play GC games, Nintendo give me a new game please, I haven't seeing a good first party hardcore game since Brawl.

Remember this is also 'New Play Control'.

DavidValbu said:
Higher than expected, this is not a new release, are the same games from Nintendo GameCube and Wii put togheter. I have only played Corruption, but I would never buy this game only because I didn't play GC games, Nintendo give me a new game please, I haven't seeing a good first party hardcore game since Brawl.

What are you talking about O.O. Punch-Out!! Pure awsome! Brawl had dissappointing online and some of the worst stages in the series.(Is probably still the 2nd greatest smash after 64.)

DavidValbu said:

The reason you wouldn't buy it is because it isn't new...? Even though you never played 1 or 2 and they're very high quality games?

I'm going to assume there's some other reason you don't want it because that on it's own would be very odd...

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

I didn't buy it in first week but I'll be getting my copy next month for sure. Excited to have a chance to play them starting with #1. Never bought them. Too busy with other games at the time.

Consoles owned: NES, N64, PS1, GC, PS2, Wii.

Currently playing...

As you see there is not so much people who do not want the game, just like me. Metroid Prime 1 and 2 are games from the past generation, I didn't buy the Wii to play a GC remake, please try to understand, I am not trolling, I am a Nintendo fan, but I couldn't understand why so many people didn't like the sales. They are GREAT! It hasn't been a big effort for Nintendo to do this game, only to adapt Corruption controls to the other ones and then....print money.