By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is the Wii a fad? By Don Reisinger of CNET

see, that's much better rolstoppable. And thanks for telling me what fud is, rather than just telling me to look it up.

Jeese, I can start to understand why Sony fans here get so mad here. I'm a Nintendo fanboy, but the instant I say "hey, maybe they aren't god" people get rude and snooty.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network
The_vagabond7 said:
Jeese, I can start to understand why Sony fans here get so mad here. I'm a Nintendo fanboy, but the instant I say "hey, maybe they aren't god" people get rude and snooty.

If this is a shot at me, I'm sorry but you're the one who was and is being rude.

Calling something "FUD" is in no way an insult, and if you by any chance thought it might be, then you're the one who shouldn't have called someone "a FUD". Plus, all it would take it for you to find out what "FUD" meant was to search for it in Google ( http://google.com/search?q=fud ), or Wikipedia ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/fud ). This is the internet for Christ's sake - it takes much longer to write an entire post calling someone "a FUD" despite not knowing what it means, than to go and look up what it actually means.

Reality has a Nintendo bias.

jeese, I was making a joke at my own expense, playing on my own ignorance. Guess it wasn't funny.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

You guys worry too much about nothing. Nothing! Seriously Sony and Microsoft would give their left nut to be in Nintendo's position right now. It's called the dominant postion. Nintendo have the top selling handheld and console right now. The Wii was profitable from day one. Nintendo has edged out EA as top game developer. Nintendo's stock has risen to third in Japan behind Toyota and Mitsubishi. They have expanded the marketplace causing both Sony and Microsoft to admit they need to do the same. The Wii is the only console that isn't going to get a price cut this Christmas yet it is the only console that will most likely sell out.
Bottom line. Nintendo wins this holiday and steals the momentum going into 2008. Then you have a 3 punch combo of Wiifit, SSBB, and Mario Kart to take Nintendo into spring. Or in Japan SSBB, Mario Kart, Monster Hunter 3. Then expect new announcements in spring. Nintendo is in cruise control right now. I can't wait for E3 in 2008 to see what Nintendo has in store. I expect Icarus, FZero, Starfox, and PilotWings.

nobody said it yet, so, i guess i will.

Welcome to last year.

Around the Network
Erik Aston said:
Heck, the GC wasn't lacking in good games. That's pretty obvious considering it has the best attach rate of any game system of all time.

Post proof.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/40770-the-video-game-industry-nintendo-back-in-the-lead

The relevant figure there is "Nintendo sold only 21.59 million GameCube systems from 2001 to 2007 and 206 million units of GameCube software."  This equals the very impressive attach rate of 9.54.  Of course that's easily explainable. The GC appealed to only core gamers and they buy a lot more games than casual gamers.  

Astrodust said:
You guys worry too much about nothing. Nothing! Seriously Sony and Microsoft would give their left nut to be in Nintendo's position right now. It's called the dominant postion. Nintendo have the top selling handheld and console right now. The Wii was profitable from day one. Nintendo has edged out EA as top game developer. Nintendo's stock has risen to third in Japan behind Toyota and Mitsubishi. They have expanded the marketplace causing both Sony and Microsoft to admit they need to do the same. The Wii is the only console that isn't going to get a price cut this Christmas yet it is the only console that will most likely sell out.
Bottom line. Nintendo wins this holiday and steals the momentum going into 2008. Then you have a 3 punch combo of Wiifit, SSBB, and Mario Kart to take Nintendo into spring. Or in Japan SSBB, Mario Kart, Monster Hunter 3. Then expect new announcements in spring. Nintendo is in cruise control right now. I can't wait for E3 in 2008 to see what Nintendo has in store. I expect Icarus, FZero, Starfox, and PilotWings.

Seriously though, is that what your "really" think?

Don't worry, be happy! Anyways, QFT.

Just trying to snap people back into reality tis all.