By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is the Wii a fad? By Don Reisinger of CNET

Well, at least to me the article is not 'completely' wrong. Of course we all agree that the Wii is lacking of 3rds goodness and they don't see to care about it until now, when finally some exclusivities and good games were announced.

^Click on cards to level'em up!!!^ =D

Around the Network
elnino334 said:
As long as I can play next version of mario kart with 12 player online you can call it anything you want. I personally do not like the motion controls for playing games even on the wii. When my cousin and I played dragon ball Z I used the gamecube controller and after kicking his ass he did the same to even the playing field. hey it works great for Wii sports and I am sure other games but I prefer for the most part to sit, relax and enjoy the game. I like me a good story and tough AI over mimicking motions and stuff. Of course as I mentioned before I love me some mario kart and that is when I am getting me a Wii.

Mario Kart Wii is sort of a must-have and a reason to own a Wii, but I need a excellent game to make that bang for me to officially get it.

@ItsaMii & natedog4000

Oh! I thought it was against me, but glad everything is good. 8)

Looking at screens of no more heroes, I really don't think that game is pushing the wii's limits. Only Nintendo seems to make any attempt at it. Look at galaxy, brawl, and the newest screens of Battalion wars over at IGN. They look 10 times better than anything any third party has put out, or even shown on wii.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

konnichiwa said:
W29 said:
konnichiwa said:
How many already said this:

Wii is gimmick, Wii is a fad, Wii is the Tamagotchi thing etc...

Alot of people, including me, I just haven't seen any games that really takes full advantage of the Wii, other than Nintendo games.

No more heroes and Monster hunter 3 will be those games that take full advantage of the Wii.

Well I think Monster Hunter might still be plagued because of the camera issue. Capcom hasn't address that issue and the fact they haven't brought the game online yet. Only on the PS2 version but not the PSP's. So lets just hope that Capcom includes Wi-Fi for the Wii.

Around the Network

Ok, just wondering. Exactly how many years would it take of the Wii selling well until people questioning the longevity of the Wii. Somehow, I feel like I going to participate in this discussion in exactly one year.

The_vagabond7 said:
Looking at screens of no more heroes, I really don't think that game is pushing the wii's limits. Only Nintendo seems to make any attempt at it. Look at galaxy, brawl, and the newest screens of Battalion wars over at IGN. They look 10 times better than anything any third party has put out, or even shown on wii.

Thats what I'm trying to say. It seems Nintendo is the only company that really knows that Wii. Well I'm dumb they are the creators of the Wii. But we need more creative developers out there to experience on the Wii and make some games that are can make 360-only owners (thats me) say WTF!!!!!

We should in fact wait for another year or many years to call it a fad.

I'll be waiting another 12 months before making any solid conclusions.

Development takes time - and the Wii definitely did catch developers off guard. The ones that have supported it, have done so primarily with ports of PS2 tech/games. Ninty has shown that the console can do so much more than that - and it will take developers real time to adjust.

For Xmas next year, we will be seeing some *quality* Wii 3rd-party titles. If they don't sell, then you can start ringing the alarm bells.

But so far, Capcom, SquareEnix, Ubisoft, EA, Majesco, (and a heap of smaller publishers) have all made good money on the Wii. That's not a bad list to start with.

Its also important to recognise the Wii as an "accessory" to the DS. As long as the DS dominates, its going to be hard for publishers to ignore the Wii completely.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Alot of people, including me, I just haven't seen any games that really takes full advantage of the Wii, other than Nintendo games.

Play Resident Evil 4: Wii edition and Rayman Raving Rabids.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229