By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is the Wii a fad? By Don Reisinger of CNET

How many already said this:

Wii is gimmick, Wii is a fad, Wii is the Tamagotchi thing etc...

Around the Network
leo-j said:
Nintendo is the only company benefiting on the wii. Other than ubisoft(because it released games at luanch)

Huge problem. All EA games have flopped(thank god EA should die), but activision and more games have flopped as well. Very bad. Very bad indeed.

Capcom also has benefitted hugely. Otherwise, I agree. Basically, any company that has put quality support behind the system has done well. That list consists of, to my knowledge: Capcom, Nintendo, Majesco, and Ubisoft. 

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Soriku said:
totalwar23 said:
Well, I'll be boring and say what's been said before. Third party developers are making big budget games for the 360/PS3 like Bioshock, Assassin's Creed. They seem to actually care whether the games are good are not. That's not true for the Wii, only Nintendo and a few other takes Wii development seriously. The IGN article also says that only Nintendo is benefiting from the Wii and that other developers were caught by surprise and tried to dish out as many games as they could to catch up. What the hell does that tell you? Do you really think that is investing in the Wii?

Fatal Frame IV, Monster Hunter 3 (tri-). T-Ps were caught off by the Wii's success. It'll take more than a year to get big games announced and out. Wait 'til 2008 before judging.

I know- that's why I'd said a Nintendo and a few are taking Wii development seriously. I don't know what's going to happen in 08 but all I can now is that developers who are wary in investing in the Wii should actually invest in the Wii instead of putting out a low budget, rushed game and saying "See, Wii owners are not buying non-Nintendo games, we should just stop right here." I can tell you that I didn't buy a Wii for its motion sensitive but because it had a game I really wanted to play-LoZ: TP and I want to play more games of that caliber.

natedog4000 said:
W29 said:

A quick glance at the Gamestop Wii page tells you everything you need to know about this console right now -- five out of the eight top sellers on the Wii come from Nintendo. And if it weren't for Guitar Hero III, that ratio would probably be higher.

This statement really bewildered me, it's just such an obvious statement. Why even put it there? I mean, you could say if it weren't for MP3 the ratio would be lower. If it weren't for air we couldn't breathe.

I missed this one. Tautology amazes me everytime.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

konnichiwa said:

Alot of people, including me, I just haven't seen any games that really takes full advantage of the Wii, other than Nintendo games.

Around the Network
ItsaMii said:
natedog4000 said:
W29 said:

A quick glance at the Gamestop Wii page tells you everything you need to know about this console right now -- five out of the eight top sellers on the Wii come from Nintendo. And if it weren't for Guitar Hero III, that ratio would probably be higher.

This statement really bewildered me, it's just such an obvious statement. Why even put it there? I mean, you could say if it weren't for MP3 the ratio would be lower. If it weren't for air we couldn't breathe.

Again, if you are saying that I said that statement your wrong. The author of this article stated that.

Chill out W29. We all know that the author said that. He just quoted your post of the article instead of copy/paste. We are not so dumb.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

W29 said:
konnichiwa said:

Alot of people, including me, I just haven't seen any games that really takes full advantage of the Wii, other than Nintendo games.

No more heroes and Monster hunter 3 will be those games that take full advantage of the Wii.

As long as I can play next version of mario kart with 12 player online you can call it anything you want. I personally do not like the motion controls for playing games even on the wii. When my cousin and I played dragon ball Z I used the gamecube controller and after kicking his ass he did the same to even the playing field. hey it works great for Wii sports and I am sure other games but I prefer for the most part to sit, relax and enjoy the game. I like me a good story and tough AI over mimicking motions and stuff. Of course as I mentioned before I love me some mario kart and that is when I am getting me a Wii.

W29 said:
ItsaMii said:
natedog4000 said:
W29 said:

Again, if you are saying that I said that statement your wrong. The author of this article stated that.

no no...i'm not saying that you said it, I just didn't want to post the whole article again for that one little thing.  Sorry if it looked like I was attacking you...