By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Metal Gear Solid 4 is the best game I've ever played!

Yes, my friend, yes! It's the greatest game i've ever played too, i always say that.

Around the Network

Anybody agreeing with Gilgamesh has obviously never played Suikoden II.

Metal Gear Solid 4 is great, but Suikoden II is like eating ice cream at the doctor's office and then suddenly becoming a giant transformer battling against the evil Shredder and his Cyborg Ninja Turtles.

This game disappointed me, story-wise.

Carl2291 said:
keywe666 said:
Never played it or any of the others = friend always hounds me about them though.
Is it worth playing if you haven't played the other three?

No, as you will be highly confused over the story.

I suggest you play them in order, and as soon as possible

MGS3, 1, 2, 4

Yeh that's what I did, it all started 1 year ago when MGS4 came out and it was said to be the best PS3 game and best looking game. I never played any MGS game then, and I'm basically a story whore, I like good stories in games and I knew the MGS series had the best. So I bought 1, 2, 3, and 4. Took me a while to play them all but when I finally did it was one of the best decisions I ever made, awesome series!

MGS3 is probably a close tie with MGS4, both epic games.

Gilgamesh said:
Carl2291 said:

Bring's a tear of joy to my eye everytime somebody praises this game.

Definately one of the greatest of all time... number 3 on my list, to be precise

How did you find the "Microwave" part?

Well I wasn't sitting much durring that I was standing right in front of tv yelling a Snake to GO GO GO!I thought I loss at the end lol

Haha, well... The Microwave Scene

Raiden + Vamp fighting on top of Rex, while Snake kills all the Gecko

And the final fight with Liquid

Are the 3 most epic scene's i have ever witnessed while gaming.

Around the Network

My Favorite game this Gen!!!!

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

Garamond said:
Anybody agreeing with Gilgamesh has obviously never played Suikoden II.

I agree with him that it is the most EPIC, game ever made.

As for the BEST game ever made, i stand by you on that one with Suikoden 2

Yes sir! Solid Snake's adventure was a great one, and this game delivered the final chapter perfectly. It's even better when you know all the little tidbits about the story and everything from past games. You can notice that Kojima didn't miss a single thing from the main Metal Gear series' games, which is truly awesome for a Metal Gear fan such as myself.

It's still the best game this generation, easily.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Carl2291 said:
keywe666 said:
Never played it or any of the others = friend always hounds me about them though.
Is it worth playing if you haven't played the other three?

No, as you will be highly confused over the story.

I suggest you play them in order, and as soon as possible

MGS3, 1, 2, 4

Just go online read up on it.  I'm playing it now and know what's going on for the most part and I've never played a Metal Gear game.  Also, games are fun for gameplay first, story second imho.

skeezer said:
Smashed said:
Well said there.
It's one of my favorite games, I still play it to this date, Metal Gear Online :)
No lie, I almost cried at the end.

:O You play Metal Gear Online? I love MGO, play it everyday. Add me to PSN skeezer-92

OT: I love MGS4, it's awesome had many awesome moments, but overall I still think MGS3 is better.

mine is PullusPardus on MGO , so ADD ME! and my PSN is the same but add US at the end (look at my sig!)