By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Metal Gear Solid 4 is the best game I've ever played!

SHMUPGurus said:
Khuutra said:
SHMUPGurus said:
Zones said:
I don't think anyone could argue about how amazing the overall package MGS4 is, but the story had way too many holes to be considered as "the greatest story ever told".

What holes? You sound just like KylieDog here (a member at VGC).

I wouldn't say holes, but I would say flaws, and also general silliness. And a bad need of a copy editing for the script.

Kojima is a funny man indeed. I've heard about this "copy editing" stuff from other people before, but I still don't get it.

The ending scene in the graveyard would have been much more effective and much more compelling if they had managed to trim it down to about ten minutes.

Around the Network
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
SHMUPGurus said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
SHMUPGurus said:
What? You won't play a game because it doesn't have trophies?

What did this generation to do people?

No thats not the case at all, i could careless about trophies to be honest, its just some games really need them while others dont.

AND MGS4 (And even Valkyria Chronicles...) Really needs them, i dont own MGS4 for though because i didn't play MGS's 1 through 3... VC is a New IP so i choose it over MGS4. >_>

Dun't put words you shirmp! :D

Alright, alright... Then what are you waiting for? Play THEM MGS GAMES, lawl!

Seriously, get the Essential Collection for PS2.

I could... but i have to finish Infinite Undiscovery on 360... and then i just got Dissidia Recently... and is till gotta do SO4's last end-game dungeon... then theres WipeOut HD FURY ... then Prince of Persia trophies i have to finish.... then Chaos Legionh in HD.... so kinda booked here. :D

And IMO... MGS series looks boring. :D *RUNS OUT OF THREAD!*

its really simple , forget all these games and play MGS. (yes Even dissidia, that is just fanservice )

i doubt you will say its boring after you do that.

I call it : Kojima's Miracle.

Khuutra said:
SHMUPGurus said:
Khuutra said:
SHMUPGurus said:
Zones said:
I don't think anyone could argue about how amazing the overall package MGS4 is, but the story had way too many holes to be considered as "the greatest story ever told".

I wouldn't say holes, but I would say flaws, and also general silliness. And a bad need of a copy editing for the script.

Kojima is a funny man indeed. I've heard about this "copy editing" stuff from other people before, but I still don't get it.

The ending scene in the graveyard would have been much more effective and much more compelling if they had managed to trim it down to about ten minutes.

I guess you're right, but at the same time, knowing that the Metal Gear Solid games usually have very long cutscenes, you just don't notice it in the end. If you want my opinion, I never wanted the scene to stop because I knew it was going to be the last time I see "them" for a long time.

On the other hand, my friends really wanted to play Super Smash Bros. Melee at that time... jerks! What about teh emotions?? >_>

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

SHMUPGurus said:

Oh god, please don't compare me to KylieDog; he pretty much hates everything he doesn't find interesting. I remember him calling the story of MGS4 and MGS2 a joke.

Anyway, back to the subject, I really don't feel like typing a long post now as it's a little late here and I am kind of tired, but I pretty much agree with what Khuutra is saying here.

Around the Network
SHMUPGurus said:
Khuutra said:
SHMUPGurus said:

I guess you're right, but at the same time, knowing that the Metal Gear Solid games usually have very long cutscenes, you just don't notice it in the end. If you want my opinion, I never wanted the scene to stop because I knew it was going to be the last time I see "them" for a long time.

On the other hand, my friends really wanted to play Super Smash Bros. Melee at that time... jerks! What about teh emotions?? >_>

I know what you mean, but I kept going "Okay, this seems like a moment when any sane director would end the scene.

....Now.

....Now.

...Now?

....*sigh* Monica, go make some popcorn, we're going to be here a while"

this is the only ps3 exclusive game that appeals to me :)

Zones said:
SHMUPGurus said:

Oh god, please don't compare me to KylieDog, because he pretty much hates everything he doesn't find interesting, I remember him calling the story of MGS4 and MGS2 a joke.

Anyway, back to the subject, I really don't feel like typing a long post now as it's a little late here and I am kind of tired, but I pretty much agree with what Khuutra is saying here.

Haha, alright. I won't do it again I promise!

I said that just because I had the exact same conversation with him a couple of months ago. He never replied though...

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

PullusPardus said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
SHMUPGurus said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
SHMUPGurus said:
What? You won't play a game because it doesn't have trophies?

What did this generation to do people?

No thats not the case at all, i could careless about trophies to be honest, its just some games really need them while others dont.

AND MGS4 (And even Valkyria Chronicles...) Really needs them, i dont own MGS4 for though because i didn't play MGS's 1 through 3... VC is a New IP so i choose it over MGS4. >_>

Dun't put words you shirmp! :D

Alright, alright... Then what are you waiting for? Play THEM MGS GAMES, lawl!

Seriously, get the Essential Collection for PS2.

I could... but i have to finish Infinite Undiscovery on 360... and then i just got Dissidia Recently... and is till gotta do SO4's last end-game dungeon... then theres WipeOut HD FURY ... then Prince of Persia trophies i have to finish.... then Chaos Legionh in HD.... so kinda booked here. :D

And IMO... MGS series looks boring. :D *RUNS OUT OF THREAD!*

its really simple , forget all these games and play MGS. (yes Even dissidia, that is just fanservice )

i doubt you will say its boring after you do that.

Dissidia?... Really?... I've only had it for 2 days! NEVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Really what makes MGS so great? i mean... its not like the super powered like sephiroth or something. :D

Seraphic did you come into an MGS topic just to talk about how you'd rather be playing Dissidia?

Really?