By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Announcing Sonic to appease those angry about the delay?

Maybe it's just me, but does it seem like Sonic being announced for Brawl (I think a day before the delay was confirmed) was to lessen the impact of those who would definitely be angry about the games delay? I was angry about the delay, but kept in mind Sonic had just been released, which made me a little less angry about it. Seems like the kind of thing Nintendo would do to make sure their fans stayed content.

Assuming this was their intention, I think this is a pretty smart move, trying to balance out one REALLY bad update with one REALLY good one. Opinions?

Brawl FC: 0473 - 7465 - 0612

Around the Network

could be, though it did happen to be also during Nintendo's big fall announcements

Onimusha12 said:
could be, though it did happen to be also during Nintendo's big fall announcements

Either way, I think the announcement of Sonic would still take people's minds off the delay.

Brawl FC: 0473 - 7465 - 0612

It's not THAT brilliant...give the fans some good news so the bad news doesn't feel as bad.

Any smart Smash fan wouldn't be that fooled though. Sonic in the game is great news, a bit expected, but still great...but a 2 month delay sucks for the gamers any way you put it...you just gotta bear through it.

Bear right? It's not bare...but I don't mean the one with claws or the nude one...man English confuses me sometimes...and it's my primary language...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Bahhh... come Feb 10th the whiners will have their gold nugget. Hopefully they'll stop complaining for a few hours. ;)

Feb 10th can't come soon enough! The game looks awesome!

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Around the Network

Perhaps the addition of Sonic (possibly at the last moment) caused some delay so since they had to delay it a little, they took some extra time to finish it without coding 24 hours a day.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

BenKenobi88 said:

Any smart Smash fan wouldn't be that fooled though. Sonic in the game is great news, a bit expected, but still great...but a 2 month delay sucks for the gamers any way you put it...you just gotta bear through it.

Bear right? It's not bare...but I don't mean the one with claws or the nude one...man English confuses me sometimes...and it's my primary language...

"Bear with me" vs. "bare with me": http://wsu.edu/~brians/errors/bare.html (don't say this last one to a guy... or at least make sure you'd really want that... hehe)

About Brawl, the delay may piss you off, I get that. But if a delay is what it takes to make the game right, isn't it all for the better? Imagine there's a framerate issue (e.g.), and a couple of months is enough to fix it for good. You'll be playing Brawl for years to come, what's two months?

Reality has a Nintendo bias.
KruzeS said:

About Brawl, the delay may piss you off, I get that. But if a delay is what it takes to make the game right, isn't it all for the better? Imagine there's a framerate issue (e.g.), and a couple of months is enough to fix it for good. You'll be playing Brawl for years to come, what's two months?

Lost launch sales.

I hope that during this extra time they add in someone new. Maybe they just got Capcom to give them someone, since they did land Monster Hunter 3. Mega man? Ryu? Viewtiful Joe? Anyone sounds good to me.

I am Daemon. I am the Word.

KruzeS said:
BenKenobi88 said:

"Bear with me" vs. "bare with me": http://wsu.edu/~brians/errors/bare.html (don't say this last one to a guy... or at least make sure you'd really want that... hehe)

Yes, that's the argument people always bring up. And yes, I would rather wait 2 extra months than have a crappy game, but what kind of choice is that?

Let's say your game of choice comes out in a few weeks...but then they announce a half year delay.  Would you complain?  You shouldn't, because you wouldn't want a gimped version!  A year?  They need all the time they can get, right?  All I'm saying is, yeah, they need extra time to make it perfect...but Nintendo with its money-printing systems should have been able to get it done.

*I* would rather have the finished, perfect game on December 3rd...that's what I was expecting. OF COURSE I wouldn't want a gimped version...but is it wrong to be mad that they couldn't get it done on time? I will wait...I just am a bit disappointed that they couldn't work faster after promising us a 2007 date.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )