By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Announcing Sonic to appease those angry about the delay?

The perfect solution would be of course, no delays and a bug-free fully featured game.

Anger from delay

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

Around the Network
BenKenobi88 said: (...)

All I can tell you from personal experience is this: software development is incredibly unpredictable, and very often throwing money and extra resources at a problem solves nothing (it usually complicates matters further).

And you have every right to be disappointed. I'm not taking that away from you!

Reality has a Nintendo bias.

They delayed it to give 3rd parties a chance to sell something.

^Click on cards to level'em up!!!^ =D

Daileon said:

No, they delayed it because they're behind on development.  You really think Nintendo would sacrifice Brawl for some third party games over the holidays?

It does work out somewhat well, as Brawl released in February will keep the Wiis selling strong, and that will also give them extra time for Mario Kart...but this isn't a "political" delay.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

BenKenobi88 said:
Daileon said:

No, they delayed it because they're behind on development.  You really think Nintendo would sacrifice Brawl for some third party games over the holidays?

It does work out somewhat well, as Brawl released in February will keep the Wiis selling strong, and that will also give them extra time for Mario Kart...but this isn't a "political" delay.

Yes. Smash Bros is a guaranteed "megahit" that will have "infinite" legs. So, the delay will benefit third-parties (and help them sell to don't get nervous), get a little of the heat of GTA IV (it will be released March, right?) and help Wii on a naturally slow period of the year... If it was released this holiday, of course it will sell some bazillions of units, but they're expecting the Wii will be "again" supply constrained, so the hardware moved on release dates would be almost to none.

You see? Everybody (on Nintendo side) will be happy!

Of course they will use the time to do little improvements, see if they put extra chars, re-test the whole thing and kill some bugs but, to me atleast, that is the "real truth".

Around the Network

Sorry, that's utter bullshit to me. There's plenty of delays due to allowing space between games, etc...but Nintendo gave us the December 3rd date early this year...they knew the whole lineup of games already, they wouldn't be so stupid as to piss off fans by giving an early date and then pushing it back.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl got pushed back because they needed more development time. That's the answer.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

So you think, and so I don't. But you telling it is utter bullshit hurts my lonely heart... LOL.

On a other forum their were so many people mad that Sonic joined the fighters.

They were all complaining that Sonic is not a nintendo character.

I really don't get that many people are angry about it, you don't have to play with Sonic, and I though how more characters how better :s;

Daileon said:
BenKenobi88 said:
Daileon said:

No, they delayed it because they're behind on development. You really think Nintendo would sacrifice Brawl for some third party games over the holidays?

Yes. Smash Bros is a guaranteed "megahit" that will have "infinite" legs. So, the delay will benefit third-parties (and help them sell to don't get nervous), get a little of the heat of GTA IV (it will be released March, right?) and help Wii on a naturally slow period of the year... If it was released this holiday, of course it will sell some bazillions of units, but they're expecting the Wii will be "again" supply constrained, so the hardware moved on release dates would be almost to none.

You see? Everybody (on Nintendo side) will be happy!

Of course they will use the time to do little improvements, see if they put extra chars, re-test the whole thing and kill some bugs but, to me atleast, that is the "real truth".

I agree with Ben here.  I've already said on other threads that the delay could yield the very benefits you name, but that does NOT outweigh missing the Christmas season and breaking their promised date by two months. 

Maybe they're adding Master Chief to the mix?    After all, Bungie is now freelance. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

You know... Fanboys (me included) are all like bitches. They can be angry, cry and all of this thing. But they are still fanboys. They still are like bitches.

So they forget all the problems before and enjoy, buy, play, recommend the game and all that things.

And remember we are talking about Nintendo (I've lost the count about how many times a Zelda game was delayed). They're addicted to make us angry and them let us enjoy a masterpiece. So I don't see the delay like a problem (and so seems Nintendo). We're all used to it and they know it :P

I really don't care about WHY they have delayed the game. As soon as it launches it will be on my hands :D (you see? I'm a bitch ¬¬)