By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Heavy Rain Graphic Quality Destroys The PC Gaming Business

YeeeaaaaI don't think so...

The game looks great, but currently high-end PC specs can produce much better.

Not to mention it seem that you won't have much control over the camera in Heavy Rain like you would for a First Person Shooter like Crysis :P. When you compare visuals, that alone gives Crysis a nod. Also, Crysis is a faster paced game.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network
Squilliam said:
nen-suer said:
Squilliam said:

Not because of graphics, the best selling PS3 games don't really win in the looks department.

Role playing type games also sell better on the Xbox 360... im not 100% certain, but even better than the market share margins may imply.

Honestly, I can see no reason really aside from perhaps the fact that its not being sold at all on the other two platforms.

1- Am not talking about graphics.

2- you cant compare this game to normal Role Playing games

3- CGI-Quality is Sony fanboy 

Err? Theres NO reason why it would sell better on the PS3. Its not a franchise, the PS3 seems to sell games with a heritage better than new I.P. Then you're still looking at a lower userbase at the time of release. It was made on the PS3 because the developers felt it was the best platform to do what they wanted.

I agree with that

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Graphics aren't everything. PC gaming may be declining... for now! But so is the PS2/Xbox-style console gaming.

Also Blizzard will always make sure PC has the best exclusives, regardless of power. It's all about the games.

I LOVE ICELAND!

NJ5 said:
Wake me up when any console game gets to the texture quality of Crysis running on a high-end card.

Protip: it's not possible.

I will wake you up next generation.

KungKras said:
Graphics aren't everything. PC gaming may be declining... for now! But so is the PS2/Xbox-style console gaming.

Also Blizzard will always make sure PC has the best exclusives, regardless of power. It's all about the games.

PC gaming isn't declining. Infact, it's probably the only market that's rising in the middle of a recession...

Around the Network
shio said:
KungKras said:

PC gaming isn't declining. Infact, it's probably the only market that's rising in the middle of a recession...

pfft.  PC Gaming of old is declining.  The only gaming on PC that is growing today is online mini-games.

nightsurge said:
shio said:
KungKras said:

pfft.  PC Gaming of old is declining.  The only gaming on PC that is growing today is online mini-games.

Steam grew 97% in the last 12 months......http://au.games.ign.com/articles/100/1007615p1.html

nightsurge said:

My only problem with PC gaming is that lot of PC games don't get the same level of exposure console games do.  It leads to ignorant statements like this made by people who simply don't know any better.  vgChartz just isn't very conducive to PC gamers so non-PC gamers don't really get information on what's up-and-coming.

shio said:
nightsurge said:
shio said:
KungKras said:

Steam grew 97% in the last 12 months......http://au.games.ign.com/articles/100/1007615p1.html

More people are buying stuff online.  Woop-die-doo.  More of your irrelevant and speculative proof I see.

@Words Of Wisdom

I am a PC gamer.  I am a member of a very large PC related forum (even a moderator there) and get 2 PC gaming magazines.  PC gaming is definitely on the decline from it's glory days back in the late 90's early 00's.

nightsurge said:
shio said:
nightsurge said:
shio said:
KungKras said:

More people are buying stuff online.  Woop-die-doo.  More of your irrelevant and speculative proof I see.

@Words Of Wisdom

I am a PC gamer.  I am a member of a very large PC related forum (even a moderator there) and get 2 PC gaming magazines.  PC gaming is definitely on the decline from it's glory days back in the late 90's early 00's.

What the hell are you talking about?! All Top 10 selling games on Steam last week were hardcore games:

#1 - Left 4 Dead
#2 - Aion™Collector's Edition Pre-Sale
#3 - Counter-Strike: Source
#4 - Killing Floor
#5 - Team Fortress 2
#6 - Fallout Collection
#7 - The Orange Box
#8 - Hearts of Iron III
#9 - Valve Complete Pack
#10 - 1701 A.D. Gold Edition

They are NOT online mini-games. It seems you are unable to understand that the traditional retail market is shifting to digital AND growing handsomely.