By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Heavy Rain Graphic Quality Destroys The PC Gaming Business

shio said:
nightsurge said:
shio said:
nightsurge said:
shio said:
KungKras said:
Graphics aren't everything. PC gaming may be declining... for now! But so is the PS2/Xbox-style console gaming.

Also Blizzard will always make sure PC has the best exclusives, regardless of power. It's all about the games.

PC gaming isn't declining. Infact, it's probably the only market that's rising in the middle of a recession...

pfft.  PC Gaming of old is declining.  The only gaming on PC that is growing today is online mini-games.

Steam grew 97% in the last 12 months......http://au.games.ign.com/articles/100/1007615p1.html

More people are buying stuff online.  Woop-die-doo.  More of your irrelevant and speculative proof I see.

@Words Of Wisdom

I am a PC gamer.  I am a member of a very large PC related forum (even a moderator there) and get 2 PC gaming magazines.  PC gaming is definitely on the decline from it's glory days back in the late 90's early 00's.

What the hell are you talking about?! All Top 10 selling games on Steam last week were hardcore games:

#1 - Left 4 Dead
#2 - Aion™Collector's Edition Pre-Sale
#3 - Counter-Strike: Source
#4 - Killing Floor
#5 - Team Fortress 2
#6 - Fallout Collection
#7 - The Orange Box
#8 - Hearts of Iron III
#9 - Valve Complete Pack
#10 - 1701 A.D. Gold Edition

They are NOT online mini-games. It seems you are unable to understand that the traditional retail market is shifting to digital AND growing handsomely.

It is shifting to digital, but not growing.  And I meant browser based games, not steam mini-games.  You seem to have a hard time thinking things through considering it took you 2 replies to even notice that....

More and more PC gamers are choosing digital over store bought, but the overall number of gamers playing these games and the overall sales of these games is declining from the sales and numbers of the past.  The only thing still climbing today is browser mini games and the like.

Around the Network

why isnt VGchartz banning people that use HHG as source? is an insult to our intelligence

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

nightsurge said:
shio said:
nightsurge said:
shio said:
nightsurge said:
shio said:
KungKras said:
Graphics aren't everything. PC gaming may be declining... for now! But so is the PS2/Xbox-style console gaming.

Also Blizzard will always make sure PC has the best exclusives, regardless of power. It's all about the games.

PC gaming isn't declining. Infact, it's probably the only market that's rising in the middle of a recession...

pfft.  PC Gaming of old is declining.  The only gaming on PC that is growing today is online mini-games.

Steam grew 97% in the last 12 months......http://au.games.ign.com/articles/100/1007615p1.html

More people are buying stuff online.  Woop-die-doo.  More of your irrelevant and speculative proof I see.

@Words Of Wisdom

I am a PC gamer.  I am a member of a very large PC related forum (even a moderator there) and get 2 PC gaming magazines.  PC gaming is definitely on the decline from it's glory days back in the late 90's early 00's.

What the hell are you talking about?! All Top 10 selling games on Steam last week were hardcore games:

#1 - Left 4 Dead
#2 - Aion™Collector's Edition Pre-Sale
#3 - Counter-Strike: Source
#4 - Killing Floor
#5 - Team Fortress 2
#6 - Fallout Collection
#7 - The Orange Box
#8 - Hearts of Iron III
#9 - Valve Complete Pack
#10 - 1701 A.D. Gold Edition

They are NOT online mini-games. It seems you are unable to understand that the traditional retail market is shifting to digital AND growing handsomely.

It is shifting to digital, but not growing.  And I meant browser based games, not steam mini-games.  You seem to have a hard time thinking things through considering it took you 2 replies to even notice that....

More and more PC gamers are choosing digital over store bought, but the overall number of gamers playing these games and the overall sales of these games is declining from the sales and numbers of the past.  The only thing still climbing today is browser mini games and the like.

Dude, the traditional market IS growing, several reports have already supported that! Infact, it is growing well DESPITE the retail market declining. It seems you are just ignorant of the great age of PC gaming we are in.

After i saw the developer walkthrough in gametrailer this past weekend, im gonna say something that might bring hate towards me. But i gotta say it:

i am not impressed in the graphic department of Heavy Rain. those graphic neiter look realistic nor good... I think "3D Real Characters" in general (not only Heavy Rain) still looks like plastic puppets.

CGI-Quality said:
sauss said:
After seeing the developer walkthrough in gametrailer this past weekend, im gonna say something that might bring hate towards me. But i gotta say it:

i am not imppressed in the graphic department of Heavy Rain. those graphic neiter look realistic nor good... I think "3D Real Characters" in general (not only Heavy Rain) still looks like plastic puppets.

It sounds more like a preference vs the games not looking good.

i think so too.

Still i stand my point on 3D Real Character.

Yet, i applaud the team behind Heavy Rain. the game is looking really interesting.

Around the Network

I still like Crysis better..

╔╦╦╗╔╦╗
║║║║╠╬╣
║║║║║║║ WOULD LIKE TO PLAY!!
╚══╝╚╩╝         

Heavy Rain is definitely looking more and more interesting, should be able to crack a million

I wonder if this will be the best looking game this gen?

A computer that can play Crisis on high settings costs a lot less than a $1000. You can build one for under $500 if you spend wisely.

radha said:
why isnt VGchartz banning people that use HHG as source? is an insult to our intelligence

LOL..I think all console fans can agree on this point...HHG isn't a source I want to use as a credible story basis...

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Can someone BAN hipopgamer from VGChartz ?

Time to Work !