By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Heavy Rain Graphic Quality Destroys The PC Gaming Business

Looks great but it won't be a AAA.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network
shio said:
nightsurge said:
shio said:
nightsurge said:
shio said:
nightsurge said:
shio said:
KungKras said:
Graphics aren't everything. PC gaming may be declining... for now! But so is the PS2/Xbox-style console gaming.

Also Blizzard will always make sure PC has the best exclusives, regardless of power. It's all about the games.

PC gaming isn't declining. Infact, it's probably the only market that's rising in the middle of a recession...

pfft.  PC Gaming of old is declining.  The only gaming on PC that is growing today is online mini-games.

Steam grew 97% in the last 12 months......http://au.games.ign.com/articles/100/1007615p1.html

More people are buying stuff online.  Woop-die-doo.  More of your irrelevant and speculative proof I see.

@Words Of Wisdom

I am a PC gamer.  I am a member of a very large PC related forum (even a moderator there) and get 2 PC gaming magazines.  PC gaming is definitely on the decline from it's glory days back in the late 90's early 00's.

What the hell are you talking about?! All Top 10 selling games on Steam last week were hardcore games:

#1 - Left 4 Dead
#2 - Aion™Collector's Edition Pre-Sale
#3 - Counter-Strike: Source
#4 - Killing Floor
#5 - Team Fortress 2
#6 - Fallout Collection
#7 - The Orange Box
#8 - Hearts of Iron III
#9 - Valve Complete Pack
#10 - 1701 A.D. Gold Edition

They are NOT online mini-games. It seems you are unable to understand that the traditional retail market is shifting to digital AND growing handsomely.

It is shifting to digital, but not growing.  And I meant browser based games, not steam mini-games.  You seem to have a hard time thinking things through considering it took you 2 replies to even notice that....

More and more PC gamers are choosing digital over store bought, but the overall number of gamers playing these games and the overall sales of these games is declining from the sales and numbers of the past.  The only thing still climbing today is browser mini games and the like.

Dude, the traditional market IS growing, several reports have already supported that! Infact, it is growing well DESPITE the retail market declining. It seems you are just ignorant of the great age of PC gaming we are in.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6203825.html

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6213223.html?tag=other-user-related-content;3

The power of the cell?

monlosez said:
shio said:
nightsurge said:
shio said:
nightsurge said:
shio said:
nightsurge said:
shio said:
KungKras said:
Graphics aren't everything. PC gaming may be declining... for now! But so is the PS2/Xbox-style console gaming.

Also Blizzard will always make sure PC has the best exclusives, regardless of power. It's all about the games.

PC gaming isn't declining. Infact, it's probably the only market that's rising in the middle of a recession...

pfft.  PC Gaming of old is declining.  The only gaming on PC that is growing today is online mini-games.

Steam grew 97% in the last 12 months......http://au.games.ign.com/articles/100/1007615p1.html

More people are buying stuff online.  Woop-die-doo.  More of your irrelevant and speculative proof I see.

@Words Of Wisdom

I am a PC gamer.  I am a member of a very large PC related forum (even a moderator there) and get 2 PC gaming magazines.  PC gaming is definitely on the decline from it's glory days back in the late 90's early 00's.

What the hell are you talking about?! All Top 10 selling games on Steam last week were hardcore games:

#1 - Left 4 Dead
#2 - Aion™Collector's Edition Pre-Sale
#3 - Counter-Strike: Source
#4 - Killing Floor
#5 - Team Fortress 2
#6 - Fallout Collection
#7 - The Orange Box
#8 - Hearts of Iron III
#9 - Valve Complete Pack
#10 - 1701 A.D. Gold Edition

They are NOT online mini-games. It seems you are unable to understand that the traditional retail market is shifting to digital AND growing handsomely.

It is shifting to digital, but not growing.  And I meant browser based games, not steam mini-games.  You seem to have a hard time thinking things through considering it took you 2 replies to even notice that....

More and more PC gamers are choosing digital over store bought, but the overall number of gamers playing these games and the overall sales of these games is declining from the sales and numbers of the past.  The only thing still climbing today is browser mini games and the like.

Dude, the traditional market IS growing, several reports have already supported that! Infact, it is growing well DESPITE the retail market declining. It seems you are just ignorant of the great age of PC gaming we are in.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6203825.html

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6213223.html?tag=other-user-related-content;3

Thanks for linking articles that specifically prove my point.  Online gaming is growing (online browser based games and MMO's mostly) and PC gaming in general is declining.  We are in one of the worst ages of PC gaming where all big title PC games sell well below expectations and the only thing still popular in gaming on PC today is MMO's and online broswer based games.

So I guess next time you should read the articles before you post them, since the specifically talk about the big titles seeing poor sales, retail sales dropping tremendously (mostly due to online sales/digital sales), and lack of any big games coming out anymore on PC.

You and Shio need to wake up and realize that PC gaming is not improving and is being ruined by the rampant pirating.

I dont know how realistic graphics are suppose to make the game better, just look at that.. those guys are scary >_>

Nintendo is the best videogames company ever!

Around the Network

This hiphop gamer person or whatever is a lunatic. Either that or this is satire that I am not getting.

Posting links and articles from Hip Hop Gamer should be illegal

Let the thread die. The original premise is simply wrong and barking mad. Many wiser souls have shouted it down.

Let's all relax and wait for the next such article... because you know that it's a given the internet will deliver stupidity to you on a regular, easy to access basis.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

PC gaming will still have plenty of support.

yeah this subpar graphics and blur on pretty much everything besides characters is just so much better. another bad thread made to justify why we have to pay more for ps3 than 360 eventhough all ps3 games looks the same or inferior to the 360 not to mention that all of them looks worse than all mainstream pc games released even before ps3 launched?