By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Apparently the wii is done in twelve months tops

KungKras said:
Slimebeast, did you just call Nintendo fans cocky, and say that Sony fans should feel like the kings they always should have been?

Were you serious or did I miss the sarcasm?

Ok I guess i have to explain. It's from a certain perspective:

traditionally, Ive seen Nintendo fans as the most humble and sympathetic, by far. So compared to that image, they've been 'cocky' in this gen (which is very natural when you go from pushed and shoved to being the leader).

while Sony fans see themselves as the true kings lol. Always.

Around the Network
Lolcislaw said:
I dont really see how MS and Sony will kill the Wii they've been trying since 2006 and they getting spanked by it every week. Some Sony fanboys will be dissapointed, Slim will sell ok but it wont go through the roof just like PS3 did not.

This.... Yeah i don't see ps3 slim outselling the wii....

╔╦╦╗╔╦╗
║║║║╠╬╣
║║║║║║║ WOULD LIKE TO PLAY!!
╚══╝╚╩╝         

They sound really mature, don't they? "A lot of fat bitches buying that"

sc94597 said:

They actually said that? Wow.

Slimebeast, I see most Wii fans as being mature (how could they not be most of the Wii's consumers are grandma's lol sarcasm) I saw a thread by Leo J with the title of PS3 being hated on in the gaming media. PS3 hate in the gaming media is nil compaired to the hate Wii received and continues to get. But any way, what's your bet and what is your stipulations?

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

No Wii momentum will pick up or get a huge boost with a price drop.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network

Oh and the "Journalist" forgot that Nintendo havent even thought of Cutting Wii's price yet. Its been the only console in history to go such long without price change

Slimebeast said:
KungKras said:
Slimebeast, did you just call Nintendo fans cocky, and say that Sony fans should feel like the kings they always should have been?

Were you serious or did I miss the sarcasm?

Ok I guess i have to explain. It's from a certain perspective:

traditionally, Ive seen Nintendo fans as the most humble and sympathetic, by far. So compared to that image, they've been 'cocky' in this gen (which is very natural when you go from pushed and shoved to being the leader).

while Sony fans see themselves as the true kings lol. Always.

I see.

I can definately imagine Nintendo fans being more confident now that Nintendo is the leader.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Arius Dion said:
sc94597 said:

Slimebeast, I see most Wii fans as being mature (how could they not be most of the Wii's consumers are grandma's lol sarcasm) I saw a thread by Leo J with the title of PS3 being hated on in the gaming media. PS3 hate in the gaming media is nil compaired to the hate Wii received and continues to get. But any way, what's your bet and what is your stipulations?

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) I win and get to control your sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) you win and get to control my sig for 1 month.

Let's give ioi two weeks of time for possible early adjustments before we count the 2009 sales? - so the VGC data on Wii 2009 sales at around 15th Jan 2010 decides our bet.

(note that the sales in the week named 'week ending 3d Jan 2009' is not counted in our bet, but the next week "ending 10th Jan 2009" is - that's the first week of sales in 2009. The last week in our bet is 'week ending 4th Jan 2010' - which makes it 52 weeks as usually defined a year of sales here on VGC).

Arius Dion said:
sc94597 said:

Yeah, and they sound like teenagers or even younger. There are kids my age(15/16) that both speak, and act more mature than what I heard in that podcast.

sc94597 said:
Arius Dion said:
sc94597 said:

Yeah, and they sound like teenagers or even younger. There are kids my age(15/16) that both speak, and act more mature than what I heard in that podcast.

Wow, then in that case I'm glad I didn't listen to it..Hell it might just be a way to secure hits to the site. Wasn't GT TV about to get cancelled due to low ratings?

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.