Forums - Sales Discussion - EA to Acquire Bioware Corp. and Pandemic Studios

darthdevidem said:
@shams

S-E are a Japanese company

so thats VERY impossible

ALSO

SE is HUGE & VERY RICH!!

unlike Bioware

It's not impossible to buy a Japanese company, and Square Enix isn't actually ALL that rich. They're about 1/4 the size of EA, so it's technically feasible -- but I agree, unlikely.  

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Around the Network
takkxyz said:
Erik Aston said:
If Mass Effect is a hit, Bioware should win reprieve. I mean, EA will still whore out the franchise, but Bioware themselves should be given free reign to establish new IPs, and not have to work on ports or cellphone spin-offs.

Do you mean Maxis? Well, one can only hope. This also brings up the interesting question on what will happen to Sonic RPG for DS, doesn't it?

The Sonic RPG for DS is still going to be made.

"Also asked was how IP might lend itself to Nintendo's DS or Wii, and John Riccitiello revealed that there is Nintendo platform development underway in both companies, with several unannounced titles in addition to the Sonic The Hedgehog RPG for DS already in development by BioWare."

superchunk said:
Battlefield series is awesome

The Battlefield series was awesome before EA discovered that instead of improving the game through patches and updates, they could just release a new version every 6 months and milk gamers for every dime they have, killing the franchise in the long run as people grow tired of buying the latest/greatest, seeing their friends move to other games they might not own, and growing tired of dealing with unpatched exploits.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Okay seriously why if Bioware is for sale isn't MS or Sony jumping on them, I mean it seems like EA is buying everyone. Now they'll just finish buying Ubisoft and create their own console. I'm surprised they don't create their own console, I mean they own so much stuff it's insane. What's funny is I'd swear either MS or Sony have enough money to buy EA, that would lock a big portion of the industry.

Saiyar said:
takkxyz said:
Erik Aston said:
If Mass Effect is a hit, Bioware should win reprieve. I mean, EA will still whore out the franchise, but Bioware themselves should be given free reign to establish new IPs, and not have to work on ports or cellphone spin-offs.

Do you mean Maxis? Well, one can only hope. This also brings up the interesting question on what will happen to Sonic RPG for DS, doesn't it?

The Sonic RPG for DS is still going to be made.

"Also asked was how IP might lend itself to Nintendo's DS or Wii, and John Riccitiello revealed that there is Nintendo platform development underway in both companies, with several unannounced titles in addition to the Sonic The Hedgehog RPG for DS already in development by BioWare."

I meant the quality, not will it be made

I am a PC gamer, and also have a NDS now, but without access to a Nintendo Wii until End of 2007.

Currently playing: Super Smash Brothers Brawl(Wii), Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer(DS), Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (DS), WiiFit(Wii)

Games Recently Beaten: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Normal; Very Hard after the next DLCs become available)

1 word: RTFA

Around the Network

Gamer and VGChartz poster Chadius has been found uncontrollably puking at his workstation for the last 28 hours.

He is unable to comment at this time, but his laptop monitor seems to be on a story entitled "EA to Acquire Bioware Corp. and Pandemic Studios"

Oh my god...what did that say *pukes*

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

rocketpig said:
superchunk said:
Battlefield series is awesome

The Battlefield series was awesome before EA discovered that instead of improving the game through patches and updates, they could just release a new version every 6 months and milk gamers for every dime they have, killing the franchise in the long run as people grow tired of buying the latest/greatest, seeing their friends move to other games they might not own, and growing tired of dealing with unpatched exploits.

I remember what EA did to BF2. It was almost unplayable in the begining. They released a patch to sort it out. They then had to ask users to delete the patch becuase it was causing more problems. After that they just released a new version.

"EA said Bioware and Pandemic have several titles that have been targeted for the DS and the Wii."

I like this part =)

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

carlos710 said:
"EA said Bioware and Pandemic have several titles that have been targeted for the DS and the Wii."

I like this part =)
    Well, it would be better if we know that WITHOUT EA acquiring Bioware, but hopefully it'll take a while for EA to ruin Bioware, so we may yet see a few good (or at least decent) games come out before everything goes down the drain.

I am a PC gamer, and also have a NDS now, but without access to a Nintendo Wii until End of 2007.

Currently playing: Super Smash Brothers Brawl(Wii), Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer(DS), Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (DS), WiiFit(Wii)

Games Recently Beaten: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Normal; Very Hard after the next DLCs become available)

1 word: RTFA

Microsoft is publishing Mass Effect so at least that game is still safe.