By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EA to Acquire Bioware Corp. and Pandemic Studios

Apostrovich said:

Man....if EA could see this thread....maybe they can, and they feed on gamers' tears....

@saiyar

Unfortunately they will probably suck out loud.

Jade Empire ported to Wii? Controle your character with real Ninja motions!

Around the Network

Yeah. Waving and jerking off.

Incidentally that "No More Heroes" game makes extensive use of the jerking motion. 

On a side note, why is there so many comments (well, not here, other gaming news sites and what not) indirectly implying anger at Nintendo????? Also, Sony too... My expectation for the Internet community are apprently too high... when I didn't think it could go any lower...

I am a PC gamer, and also have a NDS now, but without access to a Nintendo Wii until End of 2007.

Currently playing: Super Smash Brothers Brawl(Wii), Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer(DS), Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (DS), WiiFit(Wii)

Games Recently Beaten: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Normal; Very Hard after the next DLCs become available)

1 word: RTFA

Really unhappy about this :(

I think this could have a direct and immediate impact on the sales of the game (Mass Effect).

Although EA DO have a huge advertinsing and distribution arm.

Agree, its a really sad day for gaming. God help us if SquareEnix ever get bought by EA...

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

If Mass Effect is a hit, Bioware should win reprieve. I mean, EA will still whore out the franchise, but Bioware themselves should be given free reign to establish new IPs, and not have to work on ports or cellphone spin-offs.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

Around the Network
shams said:
Really unhappy about this :(

I think this could have a direct and immediate impact on the sales of the game (Mass Effect).

Although EA DO have a huge advertinsing and distribution arm.

Agree, its a really sad day for gaming. God help us if SquareEnix ever get bought by EA...

I don't think Mass Effect will be effected because MS is still publishing it and EA won't have time to mess up the game.

Being serious about EA buying other Devs, if I was to guess I would say Bethesda will be next on EA's list.

meh. I think you guys are too hard on EA. Battlefield series is awesome, Godfather was good, and Madden is good enough as I don't care for sport games anyways. Only bought this so I could play with some friends.

The only real danger is if the employees jump ship and form their own companies. That's usually when a good ip goes bad.

@shams

S-E are a Japanese company

so thats VERY impossible

ALSO

SE is HUGE & VERY RICH!!

unlike Bioware

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

Erik Aston said:
If Mass Effect is a hit, Bioware should win reprieve. I mean, EA will still whore out the franchise, but Bioware themselves should be given free reign to establish new IPs, and not have to work on ports or cellphone spin-offs.

Do you mean Maxis<sp?>? Well, one can only hope. This also brings up the interesting question on what will happen to Sonic RPG for DS, doesn't it?

I am a PC gamer, and also have a NDS now, but without access to a Nintendo Wii until End of 2007.

Currently playing: Super Smash Brothers Brawl(Wii), Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer(DS), Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (DS), WiiFit(Wii)

Games Recently Beaten: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Normal; Very Hard after the next DLCs become available)

1 word: RTFA

If and when EA makes a console, we are SCREWED.