By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EA to Acquire Bioware Corp. and Pandemic Studios

This is good news for Sony and Nintendo gamers, who are now likely to get there games but it's bad news for the gamers.

Around the Network
rocketpig said:
Overall, this just really really blows. EA not only whores out every one of its franchises every year or two but they NEVER support their shit for more than 12 months (if even that long). PC gamers in particular have been left with a bad taste in their mouths over the years by EA and their bullshit.

I hope to God that they won't ruin BioWare's vision with Mass Effect but knowing EA, they're already trying to think of way to milk the franchise (Captain Shepard plush dolls), kill support (expect late & overpriced DLC), create spin-offs (Mass Effect: Need for Cyberspeed and Mass Effect: Underground) and overall, just fuck everything up.

This is particularly shattering if you have read about BioWare's grand vision with Mass Effect. Surely EA will bite into that vision in the name of profits, shareholders, and cockgobbling.

Yout post somehow made me smile despite this growing darkness. 

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt

Well hopefully all the talent abandons ship to go work on new projects, Call of Duty was a nice suprise when EA was busy whoring Medal of Honor.

I got nice news from a Freelancer:

Bono the frontman of U2 is one of the persons who established EA.

Bono is a fan of Mercenaries (2). That is one of the reasons why EA bought those companies.

Maybe some already know this but it was news for me.

Ps:  Who knows maybe Britney Spears is fan of the Wii and Monster Hunter, that is why it switched XD.

rocketpig said:
If EA buys BioWare, I will immediately go home, grab my .38, and make the eight hour drive to Redwood City.

Sorry to revive old threads, but I wanna know, RP, when are we gonna "Ride or Die?" 

Around the Network

"They are paying $860 million in consideration, as we reported earlier, and they expect the deal to close by early 2008.

EA expects to break even on the deal by 2009 and start raking it in by 2010."

Do you think that EA can break even on US$ 860 million in about 2 years ?

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

Konnichiwa, this gen will end with only two companies in the gaming industry.. EA and Activision Blizzard...

... Hold me =(

celine said:
"They are paying $860 million in consideration, as we reported earlier, and they expect the deal to close by early 2008.

The only way EA will make that kind of loot is if they ...

1. Make a video game that prints money

2. Buy Nintendo and church out tons of DS Litez that print money

3. Release NFS Infinity and just release DLCs for the life of the console 

madskillz said:
celine said:

The only way EA will make that kind of loot is if they ...

1. Make a video game that prints money

2. Buy Nintendo and church out tons of DS Litez that print money

3. Release NFS Infinity and just release DLCs for the life of the console 

IF EA did buy Nintendo, you know that they'd completely ruin it by releasing new hardware every year with new rosters pre loaded for their sports games.  Oh and the games would not be included, you'd still have to buy them to play the game, it's just that the new DS would have the rosters on them. :)

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

Oh no... Will someone put a restraining order on EA's buyouts already?!