By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - What can Nintendo and MS do to counteract the slim?

If we see a spike in sales due to the new slim model, what do you think Nintendo and MS can do to strike back? MS slashed the price of one of their SKU's, but is it enough?

IMO, if the situation arises in which Nintendo needs to hit back, they'll need to slash the price of the Wii by $50. MS should be able to come back when Natal releases. It just seems more polished and generates a lot more hype than the PS3 wand.

Thoughts?

Around the Network

Team up!

In order to counter the slim, Nintendo needs to keep the price at $249.99.

In order for MS to counter the slim, MS needs to drop the price, already happened.

I don't think Sony expects the Slim to touch Wii, they just want to put up a good fight against MS.

they need to make a cofunded LED tv to cut into Sonys real profits to hurt them.

badgenome said:
Team up!

uh-oh

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Around the Network

I don't think either of them have to do anything. I think people are severely overestimating the effect the Slim will have in the long run. But either way, Nintendo sure as hell don't have to do anything.

badgenome said:
Team up!

I laughed.

They can start by sending me a free Wii and 360 Elite and they'll be golden in my eyes.

Majin-Tenshinhan said:
I don't think either of them have to do anything. I think people are severely overestimating the effect the Slim will have in the long run. But either way, Nintendo sure as hell don't have to do anything.

I agree.. Ninty don't need to do anything especially with NSMBWii coming ut... MS already dropped the price of the elite...

╔╦╦╗╔╦╗
║║║║╠╬╣
║║║║║║║ WOULD LIKE TO PLAY!!
╚══╝╚╩╝         

I doubt Nintendo is even scared. They haven't cut their price since launch and it will still sell way more than PS3.