By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - What can Nintendo and MS do to counteract the slim?

Lurker said:
I doubt Nintendo is even scared. They haven't cut their price since launch and it will still sell way more than PS3.

This!!!

╔╦╦╗╔╦╗
║║║║╠╬╣
║║║║║║║ WOULD LIKE TO PLAY!!
╚══╝╚╩╝         

Around the Network
badgenome said:
Team up!
avatars, motion controls, casual games, rare - its already happening

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

megaman79 said:
badgenome said:
Team up!

team, not steal

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

Yes, it's pretty unlikely that Nintendo's even really thinking about the Slim. Still, it's possible. But with the sheer innovation and "coolness" of the Wii, coupled with its low price and popularity (the Queen of England owns one FFS), I really don't see it being dethroned. Plus, who can say no to Mario, Zelda, and Metroid?

And I have to think that the newly priced 360 will probably, along with the Wii, nullify any surge in sales from the PS3. Once Natal comes out, though, Sony will probably drop back to third.

psrock said:
megaman79 said:
badgenome said:
Team up!

team, not steal

"Stealing" is just another form of cooperation.

Around the Network
badgenome said:
psrock said:
megaman79 said:
badgenome said:
Team up!

team, not steal

"Stealing" is just another form of cooperation.

And sometimes its considered to be a good thing

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

They shall mate the Wii and 360 and shall make this baby!!! (Baby in both ways)

Former something....

Blacksaber said:

They shall mate the Wii and 360 and shall make this baby!!! (Baby in both ways)

It both get's RROD and NinjaBread Man!

Former something....

LMAO.