By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - What can Nintendo and MS do to counteract the slim?

Bring out a slim.

Around the Network

Yeah, and if MS release a slim version of the 360? What will happen?

Well the Wii would get a price drop and the 360 soon has Natal.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Aion said:
Yes but what is the point of motion control when the majority of these mainstream gamers have already bought a Wii?Given there sales are slowing, and the press sharks are smelling Nintendo blood in the water, which casuals are actually left to buy an unknown brand, and unknown mainstream game developer's titles?
This is the ridiculous hypocracy that we are seeing now. Casuals will get bored, so why make a casual controller? Wii's fad is fading, so why try and sell more products to this fading market? Wii owners don't buy games, so what the hell are Sony and MS doing then?
enuf said

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Laugh and dance as even a single system seller causes bigger spikes for them?

Around the Network

Sony pulled a great move. It would require much more thought than I'm willing to give it, in order for me to come up with a counter attack.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Nothing.

It's all over!

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Give the middle finger and laugh

Any more ideas? I doubt Nintendo will really have to do much. I mean, come on. It's the Wii. Once Natal comes out, I think Sony will drop back into third place.

megaman79 said:
Aion said:
Yes but what is the point of motion control when the majority of these mainstream gamers have already bought a Wii?Given there sales are slowing, and the press sharks are smelling Nintendo blood in the water, which casuals are actually left to buy an unknown brand, and unknown mainstream game developer's titles?
This is the ridiculous hypocracy that we are seeing now. Casuals will get bored, so why make a casual controller? Wii's fad is fading, so why try and sell more products to this fading market? Wii owners don't buy games, so what the hell are Sony and MS doing then?
enuf said

Joke Post? You do know Wii sells more software than both 360 and PS3, usually combined.

And it also sells more third party software than both.