By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Official Pro Wrestling Thread

The funny thing about the Cena / Owens match was the crowd.  You had guys yelling like they just saw the coolest thing in the world while other people around them had a stunned expression.  Kids and women, especially, were all looking around like they didn't understand what happened.   A guy in the front row dressed out in Cena gear, including a fake US title belt, had his hands up in the classic "WTF?" pose.  It was hilarious.

It was an excellent match, though there were a TON of false finishes and kickouts.  That's to be expected in a Cena match, I guess.  Both guys did a great job of selling for the other guy.

Kevin Owens is the best character in wrestling right now.  I like this calculated aggression stuff better than a lot of his Steen work, honestly.  I also think his promos are better without all the swearing.  His deadpan "that's a shame" when Itami got hurt was an absolute perfect window into his character and his apathy toward everyone else.

It was the only match from the PVP that I watched.  I've never cared for Elimination Chamber matches, to be honest.

Around the Network

Dusty Rhodes has died.

Felt like that deserves a bump of this thread.

Carl2291 said:
Dusty Rhodes has died.

Felt like that deserves a bump of this thread.

Wow.  That's unreal.  One of my favorites growing up and one of the best orators professional wrestling has ever seen.  He's had an absolutely massive impact on the industry and he will be remembered as a legend.

Thanks for everything, Dream.

Yeah, I went to check the dirt sheets and I was like "WTF?"

Yeah, I always was a fan of Dusty's personality. He always seemed genuine unlike these other phony baloney wrestlers. Being a version of yourself comes across to fans more than reciting some prewritten BS promos.

RIP, Dusty.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network

Definitly going to miss seeing Dusty backstage. The Hall of Fame won't be quite the same without him chimming in on the pre-shows. I am so glad I got to enjoy him through the years, and even more lately thanks to WWE Network. I hope he had as much fun entertaining, as I had watching him. If he did, then he lived a very good life.

Now its time to Dine with Kings and Queens.

Thank You Dusty

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Money in the Bank, huh? I don't even know who is in what.

I predict Kane will win everything and get a monster push.

pokoko said:
Money in the Bank, huh? I don't even know who is in what.

I predict Kane will win everything and get a monster push.

I think WWE hasn't realized its 2015 yet.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Average PPV saved, once again, by Cena vs. Owens. Excellent match, though a notch below the first. I was a bit annoyed with Cena not really selling the apron power-bomb.

MITB match was average. Not bad but nothing special. Neville was a fun. Upside is that Kane didn't win! Downside is that Sheamus won instead. They went with the second most boring option, so I guess it could have been worse.

Diva's match was surprisingly not bad. No where NEAR Lynch vs. Banks but not bad for the Diva's division. I thought the "Dusty finish" was a nice tribute.

I picked the Ryback/Show match to prepare a meal instead of the Diva's match. That should tell you how I feel.

Did not watch the rest due to Bethesda. After reading the spoilers, I probably won't bother.

I dunno, the Seth/Dean match was good!

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android