By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Official Pro Wrestling Thread

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Anyone tell me how Mcmahon lost 100 million plus dollars?

WWE's stock fell after it failed to reach the kind of TV deal Vince McMahon projected.

spurgeonryan said:

There are claims that the WWE misrepresented their losses from the WWE Network and the fall of PPVs.  Supposedly, they said 1 million subscribers would let them break even but now they're saying something like a 30 million dollar loss.  That, and other news, has caused WWE stock to tumble.

So Shield broke up? That's sad, I think they managed to stay fresh with this face turn. Oh well.

Kasz216 said:
spurgeonryan said:

WWE's stock fell after it failed to reach the kind of TV deal Vince McMahon projected.

Pretty much he lost a lot of money since the stock inflated itself. Smart investors could have so shorted the stock. 

Around the Network

Actually just read that Rusev is getting Umaga push

You know what? I preferred Bray Wyatt when he wrestled in the ECW and was called Raven.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

After speaking with WWE sources, WZ can confirm Kevin Steen has signed a deal with WWE.

The former Ring of Honor World Champion has been rumored to have been on WWE's radar for quite sometime. We had previously reported that Steen was part of a try-out camp for WWE, but nothing more was known regarding the probability of him being signed.

He has now signed, and is expected to finish up his independent bookings and obligations. An exact time is unknown as to when he will report to the NXT Performance Center, but Steen is still advertised for independent shows through the month of June.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/482529-exclusive-wwe-signs-indy-star-former-roh-champion-to-a-contract

They released a lot of wrestlers yesterday. Meant to post here but I forgot. From memory:

-Brodus Clay
-Aksana
-Evan Bourne
-Teddy Long
-Tyson Tomko (just seeing if you're paying attention!)
-Drew McIntyre
-That other guy from 3MB that isn't Heath Slater
-Yoshi Tatsu

could be more. Can't remember. Anyway, your thoughts on the latest releases?

d21lewis said:
They released a lot of wrestlers yesterday. Meant to post here but I forgot. From memory:

-Brodus Clay
-Aksana
-Evan Bourne
-Teddy Long
-Tyson Tomko (just seeing if you're paying attention!)
-Drew McIntyre
-That other guy from 3MB that isn't Heath Slater
-Yoshi Tatsu

could be more. Can't remember. Anyway, your thoughts on the latest releases?

-JTG too

I guess Health Slater is back being the "One man band", baby!