By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Official Pro Wrestling Thread

From New Japan's Dominion show:

Time Splitters (Alex Shelley & KUSHIDA) vs. Young Bucks.  Awesome match, one of the best tag team matches I've seen in awhile.  The timing of both teams was fantastic.  Everyone was hitting big spots left and right.  I wish the WWE had something half as entertaining as this.  KUSHIDA is going to be Jr. HWC one day, I really look forward to him against Ibushi.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1zzaxl_time-splitters-alex-shelley-kushida-vs-the-young-bucks-njpw-dominion-6-21-2014_sport

Kota Ibushi vs. Ricochet.  Two of the most exciting guys wrestling right now.  Ricochet is coming off an excellent match against KUSHIDA at the Super Juniors tourny (watch it) where he won the right to face Ibushi for the Jr. Heavyweight Title.  He's amazing.  Word is that the WWE passed on him.  Kota Ibushi is going to be a major star in Japan.

Loved how over Ricochet was with the crowd.  Good stuff.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1zyt9o_kota-ibushi-vs-ricochet-njpw-dominion-6-21-2014_sport

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
amp316 said:
d21lewis said:
Me? I'll never forget the name.......Stardust.

Sadly I won't either.  

pokoko said:

From New Japan's Dominion show:

Time Splitters (Alex Shelley & KUSHIDA) vs. Young Bucks.  Awesome match, one of the best tag team matches I've seen in awhile.  The timing of both teams was fantastic.  Everyone was hitting big spots left and right.  I wish the WWE had something half as entertaining as this.  KUSHIDA is going to be Jr. HWC one day, I really look forward to him against Ibushi.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1zzaxl_time-splitters-alex-shelley-kushida-vs-the-young-bucks-njpw-dominion-6-21-2014_sport

Kota Ibushi vs. Ricochet.  Two of the most exciting guys wrestling right now.  Ricochet is coming off an excellent match against KUSHIDA at the Super Juniors tourny (watch it) where he won the right to face Ibushi for the Jr. Heavyweight Title.  He's amazing.  Word is that the WWE passed on him.  Kota Ibushi is going to be a major star in Japan.

Loved how over Ricochet was with the crowd.  Good stuff.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1zyt9o_kota-ibushi-vs-ricochet-njpw-dominion-6-21-2014_sport

I really don't like that style of wrestling.  It's a spotfest...

I haven't seen "Stardust" yet, but damn am I giggling over this story.  

darkknightkryta said:

A spotfest?  Both matches had solid wrestling, I thought, just at a faster pace.  It's the same style you see from guys like Daniel Bryan.  To each their own.

pokoko said:
darkknightkryta said:

A spotfest?  Both matches had solid wrestling, I thought, just at a faster pace.  It's the same style you see from guys like Daniel Bryan.  To each their own.

It probably did, I was just looking at the gif and remembering the X-Division matches that were more or less acrobatics (Not to say there wasn't solid wrestling)

Around the Network

Before the Money in the Bank PPV, a friend of mine at work told me he knew who was going to win the title because he already saw the leaked Summer Slam poster.

At about 11pm, text me and told me that it was Lesnar vs. Cena.

Anyway, the MitB PPV was okay. The tag team title match was great, the women's match (the first one) was pretty good. The first ladder match was decent, and the Big E vs. Rusev (for the 100th time) match was good. If only the main event guys could live up to their pedigree.

Anybody remember G.L.O.W. (Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling) from the 80's/90's? With some of the talent from NXT, I think the WWE can actually pull off a decent weekly show featuring woman wrestlers. And they could bring in some talent that's more than just wannabe models--ie the ODB/Awesome Kong body types. It would also motivate the ladies to improve their talents like Trish Stratus did.

Good idea?

d21lewis said:
Before the Money in the Bank PPV, a friend of mine at work told me he knew who was going to win the title because he already saw the leaked Summer Slam poster.

Anyway, the MitB PPV was okay. The tag team title match was great, the women's match (the first one) was pretty good. The first ladder match was decent, and the Big E vs. Rusev (for the 100th time) match was good. If only the main event guys could live up to their pedigree.

Lesnar vs Cena AGAIN?

I was expecting them to go for a Cena vs Authority angle, its all been built up.

Though realistically, there currently isnt anyone else on the same level as Lesnar.

Carl2291 said:
d21lewis said:

Lesnar vs Cena AGAIN?

I was expecting them to go for a Cena vs Authority angle, its all been built up.

Though realistically, there currently isnt anyone else on the same level as Lesnar.

God how i hate Cena. I wish he would retire already.