By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Official Pro Wrestling Thread

http://www.pwmania.com/latest-on-leaked-wwe-summerslam-2014-poster-extreme-rules-ppv-buys-revealed

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
Anybody remember G.L.O.W. (Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling) from the 80's/90's? With some of the talent from NXT, I think the WWE can actually pull off a decent weekly show featuring woman wrestlers. And they could bring in some talent that's more than just wannabe models--ie the ODB/Awesome Kong body types. It would also motivate the ladies to improve their talents like Trish Stratus did.

Good idea?

They could.  Of course, most of the best western female wrestlers are in the indies--and SHIMMER--or in TNA (well, two of them are in TNA).  The BEST are in Japan but we know that's not going to happen.  The thing is, the WWE has shown more interest in that Layla vs. Summer thing, which was horrible, than in legit wrestling matches.  How the hell was that higher on the card than a championship title defense?  That deserved a serious face-palm.  Hell, the WWE took one of the best female wrestlers in the world and turned her into a trainer.  They had Serena Deeb and cut her, which was just stupid, as Serena is both hot AND good.

It's no stretch to say that the Diva's division could be improved dramatically over night just by signing some real talent.  Even the girls on the roster who CAN wrestle would look a lot better with real competition.  Paige is in that SHIMMER link I posted with a match against Cheerleader Melissa, who is better than anyone in the WWE.

As for Cena winning, I knew it as soon as Lawler said, "and Cena looks like he might be finished!"  Really uninspiring move.  It doesn't make me angry, it just makes me not care.  It's fine, though, as the New Japan G1 Tournamnent is coming soon and it usually has the best wrestling in the world.

pokoko said:
d21lewis said:
Anybody remember G.L.O.W. (Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling) from the 80's/90's? With some of the talent from NXT, I think the WWE can actually pull off a decent weekly show featuring woman wrestlers. And they could bring in some talent that's more than just wannabe models--ie the ODB/Awesome Kong body types. It would also motivate the ladies to improve their talents like Trish Stratus did.

Good idea?

They could.  Of course, most of the best western female wrestlers are in the indies--and SHIMMER--or in TNA (well, two of them are in TNA).  The BEST are in Japan but we know that's not going to happen.  The thing is, the WWE has shown more interest in that Layla vs. Summer thing, which was horrible, than in legit wrestling matches.  How the hell was that higher on the card than a championship title defense?  That deserved a serious face-palm.  Hell, the WWE took one of the best female wrestlers in the world and turned her into a trainer.  They had Serena Deeb and cut her, which was just stupid, as Serena is both hot AND good.

It's no stretch to say that the Diva's division could be improved dramatically over night just by signing some real talent.  Even the girls on the roster who CAN wrestle would look a lot better with real competition.  Paige is in that SHIMMER link I posted with a match against Cheerleader Melissa, who is better than anyone in the WWE.

As for Cena winning, I knew it as soon as Lawler said, "and Cena looks like he might be finished!"  Really uninspiring move.  It doesn't make me angry, it just makes me not care.  It's fine, though, as the New Japan G1 Tournamnent is coming soon and it usually has the best wrestling in the world.

*watches video*

I thought page was like 19 years old!  This video is from 2011, according to the announcer at one point.  Has Paige been wrestling since she was like 3!?

d21lewis said:

*watches video*

I thought page was like 19 years old!  This video is from 2011, according to the announcer at one point.  Has Paige been wrestling since she was like 3!?

Yes!  Actually, her mother is wrestling in the video, too.  

d21lewis said:

I think they want to push Reigns heavily and he will be world champion at WM XXXI. Lesnar is right now one of the biggest monster heels ever since he broke the streak. Beating Cena at Summerslam would add more to his resumee and would erase his defeat to Cena. Then they will keep him as a total monster until Reigns can appear and slay the beast.

Only problem is that Lesnar is part timer and I doubt they would want to keep him with the belt for months like that. Of course, maybe they got a new contract with more dates for him and he will be more present.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:

Good idea?

I remember "WOW" (Women of Wrestling).  They used to show it on one of the local channels at 12am Saturday night/Sunday morning.  I remember Bobby Heenan was in on one episode.  

Soooo. RAW last night. Pretty awesome, eh?

Miz came back, Jericho came back, AJ came back and took down Paige. Rollins and RVD had a great match. I'm probably forgetting a few things but I loved it!

d21lewis said:
Soooo. RAW last night. Pretty awesome, eh?

Miz came back, Jericho came back, AJ came back and took down Paige. Rollins and RVD had a great match. I'm probably forgetting a few things but I loved it!

Yeah.  It was pretty good.  I also liked the Rusev and Jack Swagger bit.

And what can I say about Cena?  Isn't it great that he's going to break Ric Flair's record for world titles soon?

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

no

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

amp316 said:

Yeah.  It was pretty good.  I also liked the Rusev and Jack Swagger bit.

And what can I say about Cena?  Isn't it great that he's going to break Ric Flair's record for world titles soon?

I don't know how Cole said Cena is "greatest of all time" with a straight face.  I think that's why it won't bother me much when Cena ends up with 20 title wins.  It's like home-run records during the steroids era, no one takes it seriously.  No one over 15 thinks Cena is the greatest of all time.  Ten years from now, it's not an argument anyone is going to make.  Cena will be remembered as the guy who stayed at the top because kids buy a lot of wrestling merchandise.  Kind of a sad commentary on wrestling, to be honest.