By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Official Pro Wrestling Thread

d21lewis said:
Okay, why didn't anybody tell me that NXT was awesome?

I did!  I did!  You lie!

Around the Network

Watching TNA right now and I can't help but be disappointed.  I like a lot of the roster quite a bit but there is so little actual wrestling that it gets boring.  It wasn't long ago that I was ripping the WWE for the same thing but lately they've been having some excellent matches on RAW.  TNA really needs to get back to wrestling.  This feels like a waste of time.

darkknightkryta said:

Neither of the HHH's matches with Undertaker have been very good.  No idea why they thought HHH yelling at Shawn Michaels to "End IT!" for 20 minutes is match of the year material.  HHH is great at ring psychology, but not much else.  Hell his sledgehammer has been getting smaller and smaller (A joke me and my friends made when he grabbed the hammer last time calling it the PG Sledgehammer).

I enjoyed the last Taker/HHH match for the drama but there is no way it was Match of the Year.  It was mostly chair shots, to be honest.

Runa216 said:
RVDondaPC said:

Yup. I was going to say the same thing when I read that Post. Brock Lesnar is an amazing technical wrestler. When he was in his prime, He was on a Kurt Angle, Eddie Guerrero, Chris Benoit level. He can wrestle Big man Style, Mat based style, Hardcore style, He can do it all. No doubt he is going to put on a wrestling clinic with Undertaker.  

I have one small issue with this mentality...he USED to be that good.  He USED to be a perfect blend of speed, power, and technicality.  Have you SEEN any of his matches since he returned?   he is nowhere near the same level as in 2002/2003.  He's not as fast, he's not as technical, and his years in MMA have changed his style from that of an impressive wrestler to a shoot fighter.  

Brock is not the entertainer he once was.

Booking has changed his style. None of his fueds have called for a technical wrestling match. That is not what he has been booked as. Grudge matches that led to a No holds barred match, followed by a Cage match, followed by a no DQ match followed by a brutal chair beating and demolishing of Big Show. Taker just stabbed a pen into his hand then slammed him through a table. They are obviously setting up a physical blood bath. Not a technical masterpiece. It doesn't mean Brock Lesnar doesn't know how to wrestle anymore. Brock and Taker are two of the best ring generals of the past 20 years, there's no way this match is bad. Throw Paul Heyman into the mix and the build is going to be top notch as well. 

Anyone else have Issues with the NXT Arrival Show not working anymore around the Xavier Woods/Tyler Breeze match and beyond?

darkknightkryta said:
pokoko said:
d21lewis said:
Runa216 said:

I have one small issue with this mentality...he USED to be that good.  He USED to be a perfect blend of speed, power, and technicality.  Have you SEEN any of his matches since he returned?   he is nowhere near the same level as in 2002/2003.  He's not as fast, he's not as technical, and his years in MMA have changed his style from that of an impressive wrestler to a shoot fighter.  

Brock is not the entertainer he once was.

He's still fairly young and he stayed in shape.  I've enjoyed his matches--except for vs. Big Show at the Royal Rumble...if you call that a match.  He'll be fine.

I'm on the fence.  I do think he's looked somewhat sloppy at times since he's returned.  He did bust Cena open on accident and he looked kind of awkward and dangerous now and then against Triple H.  He certainly hasn't looked as good as he used to, which is to be expected.

On the other hand, I'm going to assume that his match with the Undertaker will be heavily rehersed and coreographed, as usual for a Streak match, and they both certainly have the time.  It should go according to plan.

Still, I'm not sure the match is going to be all that good.  I watched the Triple H/Undertaker match again and realized it wasn't very good physically, it's just that the story being told was so enthralling that it elevated the whole event.  I hope I'm wrong and it's not another Lesnar/Cena match, where Lesnar completely dominates until the end.

Neither of the HHH's matches with Undertaker have been very good.  No idea why they thought HHH yelling at Shawn Michaels to "End IT!" for 20 minutes is match of the year material.  HHH is great at ring psychology, but not much else.  Hell his sledgehammer has been getting smaller and smaller (A joke me and my friends made when he grabbed the hammer last time calling it the PG Sledgehammer).

d21lewis said:
Okay, why didn't anybody tell me that NXT was awesome?

You've been gone for a while, I've been raving about NXT quite a bit.  If only that Attaboy fella came by in the thread every now and then, he'd have been able to tell you

I told attaboy not to post in forums d21lewis went to in order to conceal his secret!  Anyway, that matche between Zane and Cesaro was fantastic!  

mZuzek loves Smeags. 😢

Around the Network
RVDondaPC said:
Anyone else have Issues with the NXT Arrival Show not working anymore around the Xavier Woods/Tyler Breeze match and beyond?

I had to go to sleep because I work 6am-6pm today.  One thing I will say is the WWE Network has been a mess thus far.  Can't log in on either 360, couldn't watch some old PPVs on PS3/PS4. Live programming works well.  PC has been the best experience thus far but still has issues.

mZuzek loves Smeags. 😢

Ive heard that Cesaro had another greaaaaaaaaaat match. On NXT.

Where can I watch it without having to pay for it? Anyone know?

Carl2291 said:
Ive heard that Cesaro had another greaaaaaaaaaat match. On NXT.

Where can I watch it without having to pay for it? Anyone know?

Steam online? I use this site 

http://www.bollyrulez.net/

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

SnakeDrake said:

Steam online? I use this site 

http://www.bollyrulez.net/

Thats brilliant quality. Thanks a lot!

Lewis could have done an it was me fellas it was me all along but blew it

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.