By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Official Pro Wrestling Thread

d21lewis said:
The goddam roofers (I hate these guys so much right now--BEFORE THIS) apparently removed my DirecTV receiver so I didn't get to record anything. Anybody know where I can find last night's episode online? I'm just getting home and I'm dying here!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGPeZt_0Tlg

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
d21lewis said:
The goddam roofers (I hate these guys so much right now--BEFORE THIS) apparently removed my DirecTV receiver so I didn't get to record anything. Anybody know where I can find last night's episode online? I'm just getting home and I'm dying here!!

Either my youtube searching skills suck or that video just got uploaded.  Either way, thank you Carl.  I've avoided spoilers and I'm about to enjoy the heck out of this episode!!

Carl2291 said:
d21lewis said:

Thank you for sharing. I missed the start of the show. It was awesome!

Welcome back, exciting WWE. I missed you.

i'm suprised they didn't take that link down

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:

Yep.  It wasn't so long ago I was ready to walk away from the WWE.  We were seeing the same feuds over and over, Jericho was gone, tag teams were dead, and the future looked like Mason Ryan.

Honestly, the turn-around has been impressive.  The WWE was so stagnant that I wasn't sure it would ever improve.

Crazy as it might sound, I credit Triple H with a lot of it.  He was behind bringing tag teams back, he was in charge of new talent when they started bringing in guys like Cesaro and Daniel Bryan, and now he's doing a fantastic job as the prime heel.  The other part of the equation is the fans, who have been fantastic in forcing the WWE to listen.  

If only Punk had stayed and Cena would stop being Superman.

pokoko said:
d21lewis said:

Yep.  It wasn't so long ago I was ready to walk away from the WWE.  We were seeing the same feuds over and over, Jericho was gone, tag teams were dead, and the future looked like Mason Ryan.

Honestly, the turn-around has been impressive.  The WWE was so stagnant that I wasn't sure it would ever improve.

Crazy as it might sound, I credit Triple H with a lot of it.  He was behind bringing tag teams back, he was in charge of new talent when they started bringing in guys like Cesaro and Daniel Bryan, and now he's doing a fantastic job as the prime heel.  The other part of the equation is the fans, who have been fantastic in forcing the WWE to listen.  

Cena had the perfect chance to turn hell at Wrestlemania against Wyatt. I guess that's why the match was so disappointing to me. I understand that he is a cash cow and that the kids love him but if Hogan, Steve Austin, The Rock, Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, etc.  could all go heel, so can John Cena. Besides with Bryan at the top there is no better time for a heel turn.

Some interesting news (at least to me):

New Japan today announced the first matches for WRESTLING DONTAKU 2014, the annual 5/3 blowout event at Fukuoka International Center. 2 title matches were announced including a Phenonemal challenger to the IWGP Heavyweight Championship.

IWGP Heavyweight Champion Kazuchika Okada vs. AJ Styles for the title

No way he beats Okada, who has held the belt for a full year.  I hate Okada, though, so I wish he would.

Also, yay, Shinsuke Nakamura beat IWGP Intercontinental Champion Hiroshi Tanahashi in to win the title.

TheGoldenBoy said:

Cena had the perfect chance to turn hell at Wrestlemania against Wyatt. I guess that's why the match was so disappointing to me. I understand that he is a cash cow and that the kids love him but if Hogan, Steve Austin, The Rock, Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, etc.  could all go heel, so can John Cena. Besides with Bryan at the top there is no better time for a heel turn.

He probably won't turn heel for a long, long time.  When he does, it will be against the top face, so I don't expect it against someone like Bray Wyatt.  What I want him to stop is the thing where he kicks out of anything and everything.  I hate that so much.  

But, yeah, he'll turn eventually.

TheGoldenBoy said:
pokoko said:
d21lewis said:

To be fair, Hogan didn't go heel until after he lost his relevence somewhat in WCW, Michaels and Hart were better natural heels and Austin and Rock's heel runs kinda sucked (at least imo).

The problem with Cena turning heel is...  I' not sure how he can do it.   He pulled off the white ganster rapper heel... ok... for what it was...

but an Evil Cena is like an Evil Superman.  Without his principles there really isn't anything there outside the overwhelminng power... and if you take that away...  

What does a heel Cena even look like?

What sells a heel Cena?   People hate Cena now, but for the same reasons they hate Superman.  He's a goody goody that defies all odds and always wins.

Turn Cena heel and he loses everything that gets him heel heat.

It's like when everyone started cheering for the sadistic version of Randy Orton.  As soon as they turned him face he lost most of his appeal because that sadistic side was what sold him, and he couldn't punt people in the head anymore.  

The only way I could see you turning him heel is if he just betrays the fans... then still constantly wins and gets put over like current Super Cena... while focusing soley on "Hustle" and just being all smug about how he keeps winning.

While using the occasional heel trick to win... though generallly going over clean even against big guys.

On Warrior's Passing...

Well this is sooo sad! Warrior was just just on RAW Monday, dude looked pretty good for someone in their mid-fifties. I'm sad about his two young girls and wife, they seemed downright delighted at his Hall of Fame speech, it seems like his family gave him the much needed grounding that it seemed like he needed. I was never a fan of his when I was a kid, but as an adult I grew to really respect the guy.

(Minus his political beliefs...lol)