By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 hardware races up the charts after price cut

Havlicek stole the ball! It's all over! IT'S ALL OVER!!!!

Around the Network
routsounmanman said:
Well it's only natural. Very sweet price point, and very enticing design. Along with great software coming, this will be Sony's best Holiday period this gen yet.

I love when people say this will be Sony's best holiday season this gen... Of course it will be, it can't be much worse can it?

Elaine: I will never understand people

Jerry: They're the worst.

Thats great, will be interesting to see how long it can keep up also the software sales should be interesting.

number 1 usa amazon: ps3slim
number 1 GB amazon: ps3slim
number 1 GER amazon: ps3slim
and and and and and... nice. Ps3 Slim is awesome

the best RPG's are coming 2013 !!!! oh my god, this is perfect for RPG-GAMER = ) Ni No Kuni - 25 january, Time and Eternity, tales of xillia (PS3) and the maybe best game ever: metal gear solid ground zero

mario64 said:
@Zizzla : Sony reduced the build costs of PS3 by 70%. They're losing nothing now, even with a 299$ price point.

PS3 slim is #1 in PREORDERS everywhere in the world now, from Amazon to Gamestop to every other shop.

Next announcement is GT5 december 2009 release date at the Tokyo Game Show.

It's over now.

I caint wait...

i need a PLAYSTATION 3 SLIM , i need this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i buy a ps3 slim with the best game on this console^^

http://www.consolewars.de/userpages/viewentry.php?bid=103448

the best RPG's are coming 2013 !!!! oh my god, this is perfect for RPG-GAMER = ) Ni No Kuni - 25 january, Time and Eternity, tales of xillia (PS3) and the maybe best game ever: metal gear solid ground zero

Around the Network
lazyrider said:
routsounmanman said:
Well it's only natural. Very sweet price point, and very enticing design. Along with great software coming, this will be Sony's best Holiday period this gen yet.

I love when people say this will be Sony's best holiday season this gen... Of course it will be, it can't be much worse can it?

Yet even at the higher price points PS3 has outsold 360 over the same period.  So so terrible.  But now, the price cut.

@CGI

what don't you get

fanboys DO get insecure

PS3 fanboys got insecure on GAF when 360 dropped to $199 a year ago

leo-j said:

According to amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/videogames/ref=pd_ts_zgc_vg_video_games_display_on_website_more?pf_rd_p=475985451&pf_rd_s=right-5&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=468642&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=00GEDEX8GH9AHK9NKV07

The slim version of the PS3 has now raced up to the #1 selling video game item , the PS3 80gb has come back from the grave from its 63rd spot on amazon to now the #10 spot and quickly rising.

As for gamestop,

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/search.aspx?N=0&No=48

The ps3 has now moved up to the top selling console on the site thus far

Well duh!! lol!! It just got a $100 price cut, so of course it's going to race up the charts. Same thing happened when Microsoft cut the price on the Xbox 360 last September. This is no surprise. We'll see how they do during the holidays.

'gaming till I'm gone'

Yesterday the PS3 slim wasnt even on the charts in JAPAN

now the PS3 slim is #1 in JAPAN as well

mM

the competition need to think and act fast.