By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 hardware races up the charts after price cut

relapse said:
OMG a new model and price drop and it sells wel initially who would have thunk it !!!!

The PS2 slim sales spiked as well when it first came out. The Elite is coming down to $299 to replace the pro model so when that happens the 360 will be back to having all skus being at least $100 cheaper than the PS3.

Elite 360 - 299

120gig ps3 slim - 299...

299 - 299 = 100... wat?

Around the Network

I fell out of my chair.

Hi i am new to the VgChartz Forums :P i love PS3 and i hope with the announcment of the slim and the price cut that PS3 gets the sales it deserves. I think that this is definitly a good sign. I went to the supermarket earlier today and seen 3 people walking out with ps3 fatties! :P

Proud PLAYSTATION PHAT owner

Zizzla_Rachet said:
CaptDS9E said:
So the price drop helped sales on the first day? DUH!

Yeah..also....With the Price cut...Sony losses even more on each PS3...How many Slim will they have to sell to even out the 299/399 models?

You sir, make a lot of sense.

relapse said:
OMG a new model and price drop and it sells wel initially who would have thunk it !!!!

The PS2 slim sales spiked as well when it first came out. The Elite is coming down to $299 to replace the pro model so when that happens the 360 will be back to having all skus being at least $100 cheaper than the PS3.

Man, I have two Engineering degrees and I just learned something new.

$299 PS3 - $299 XBox = $100

YAY Math!

Around the Network
Anthony_1991 said:
Hi i am new to the VgChartz Forums :P i love PS3 and i hope with the announcment of the slim and the price cut that PS3 gets the sales it deserves. I think that this is definitly a good sign. I went to the supermarket earlier today and seen 3 people walking out with ps3 fatties! :P

Welcome to vgchartz :P.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 > Modern Warfare 2

Need to track long-term what will happen here. You do get an early boost of sales from announcements like this.

yo_john117 said:

Wow judging from this thread, it appears that i underestimated what the price cut would do.  I think its totally possible for the PS3 to do 400-500k for its first price drop week.  Unless MS does something drastic then the PS3 is gonna destroy the fuck out the gap between the two.

I like this post.

/facebook

vitoaf27 said:
yo_john117 said:

Wow judging from this thread, it appears that i underestimated what the price cut would do.  I think its totally possible for the PS3 to do 400-500k for its first price drop week.  Unless MS does something drastic then the PS3 is gonna destroy the fuck out the gap between the two.

I like this post.

/facebook

Lol, what?  What does facebook have to do with this?

JEDE3 said:
relapse said:

Elite 360 - 299

120gig ps3 slim - 299...

299 - 299 = 100... wat?

299 - 299 = 100, Verizon Math. :P