By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Valve has no plans working on the PS3.

I didnt research i was hoping the box would say this game sucks if you dont have high speed internet.

Around the Network
Nizut76 said:
I didnt research i was hoping the box would say this game sucks if you dont have high speed internet.

I would have thought somebody informed enough to be posting on a video game forum is informed enough to not buy a game without any kind of research. It's not like this is some no-name game, either. It's a pretty well known fact that it's a co-operative FPS.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

IllegalPaladin said:
ameratsu said:
Nizut76 said:
Valve is an ok developer. I like the half life series. But i will never in a million years see why people like left 4 dead so much. there is no story whatsoever and it has WII like graphics on the 360.

So your main two reasons for not liking an online cooperative/competitive game are lack of story and poor graphics? Way to miss the point entirely.

I don't know about you, but I thought Counter-Strike's lack of story made it into a complete failure. Don't even get me started on Team Fortress 2.

And Super Mario Bros. The lack of story completely killed the sales of that game.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
IllegalPaladin said:
ameratsu said:
Nizut76 said:
Valve is an ok developer. I like the half life series. But i will never in a million years see why people like left 4 dead so much. there is no story whatsoever and it has WII like graphics on the 360.

So your main two reasons for not liking an online cooperative/competitive game are lack of story and poor graphics? Way to miss the point entirely.

I don't know about you, but I thought Counter-Strike's lack of story made it into a complete failure. Don't even get me started on Team Fortress 2.

And Super Mario Bros. The lack of story completely killed the sales of that game.

Not to mention how the lack of a decent story in Metal Gear Solid totally killed that franchise.

Tease.

Good call Squilliam

Around the Network
Kantor said:
Nizut76 said:

I would have thought somebody informed enough to be posting on a video game forum is informed enough to not buy a game without any kind of research. It's not like this is some no-name game, either. It's a pretty well known fact that it's a co-operative FPS.

Yeah maybe i should have been more informed. but the other 95% of people who play games that dont go on video game forums what about them. Screw them they should have got on VG charts. I'll start spreading the word to every adult with kids that play games to become a member of VG charts before they buy any more games. Most people expect a decent single player mode. Unless it specifically says multiplayer only. like warhawk. I like blasting zombies. but i also like a story mode when a game doesnt specifically say its meant to be a co-operative game. I was just on the left 4 dead website and no where does it say this is meant to be a co-operative game, but i guess the games website would be a terrible place to research a game. It says it has single player, multiplayer, and co-op but never mentions it was meant to be played as co-operative.

L4D2 gets some more storylove. The intro is epic win in L4D. I can't describe how much fun I have running from saferoom to saferoom. On 360 it's not more worth than $30 uh $37. PC game mods make this game replayable. There are atleast 4 Valve quality campains and lots of survival maps.

The reason why Turtle Rock created this game was because they wanted gamers to work together. Everything was kept quite simple they really focused on this. I don't know which one but it's mentioned for sure on gametrailers somewere.

Kantor said:
IllegalPaladin said:
ameratsu said:
Nizut76 said:

At least we know that Mario saved a princess. Who knows what happened to the zombies or the characters after they escaped them on their (insert random mode of travel here) oh nm they ended up escaping them again on (insert random mode of travel here)

From now on campains will be connected. And also the new DLC No Mercy-> Crash Course.

This is too bad. Valve is one of those developers that goes beyond AAA status. They are gods of gaming, the reception, both critically and by the consumer supports this.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.