By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Treyarch or InfinityWard?

coolbeans said:
Munkeh111 said:
KylieDog said:
Treyarch, they have made numerous types of games most of which have been good.

Infinity Ward are an overated one trick pony.

Treyarch's best rated game gets 85%, and that was using IW's tech. IW's worst game is 88% (CoD 2 on 360). I would much prefer one amazing game every 2 years rather than 2 average games a year

So now mid 80's would be considered average?  *sigh* Glad people aren't as picky as you I suppose.

That is their best game ever, and was just really similar to MW, but worse

Around the Network

Worse for what reasons? Because it was back to WWII? If that's the only reason, I don't know what to say. o_O

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Infinity Ward

SHMUPGurus said:

Worse for what reasons? Because it was back to WWII? If that's the only reason, I don't know what to say. o_O

Mostly the inferior level design and use of tanks online. I also didn't like the weapons as much, and even with Jack Bauer providing voices, I didn't like the characters as much as Gaz or Capn Price

Infinity Ward by 10 miles.

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
Munkeh111 said:
KylieDog said:
Treyarch, they have made numerous types of games most of which have been good.

Infinity Ward are an overated one trick pony.

Treyarch's best rated game gets 85%, and that was using IW's tech. IW's worst game is 88% (CoD 2 on 360). I would much prefer one amazing game every 2 years rather than 2 average games a year

Infinity are pretty crap in comparison, sorry.

Last year Treyarch released CoD: Waw on 360, PS3 and Wii, they released Spider-man: Web of Shadows on 360, PS3 and Wii and they released Quantum of Solace on 360 and PS3.  All well above average games.  I may have forgot some versions or other games, I am unsure.

What did IW release?  Nothing.  In fact since CoD4 IW have managed a map pack and not much else.  Yet somehow with all that time MW2 cannot even manage co-op on par with WaW and the game still won't be 720p.  IW also seem to fail when it comes to Wii development, Treyarch are even covering their slack by porting their own game to the Wii.

WaW was a better game than MW in every way.

Right, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare got 94%, World at War got 85%, Web of Shadows got 70% and Quantum of Solace got about 70%

That is just 1 measure. Treyarch's best game got 85% and that was done using Infinity Ward's tech. That game suffered from worse gameplay and worse level design. The online games also had inferior balance.

Now yes, there was online co-op throughout the campaign in World at War, but the reason that Infinity Ward have not included full co-op throughout the campaign, is because they feel that it does not work at well in a game like that. Just think back to the sniper mission in CoD 4, that would not have worked with other people. They have now included a seperate co-op mode, called Special Ops, and they have balanced it to make sure that it feels great. If Insomniac, Naughty Dog and Infinity Ward feel that co-op is better seperate from single player then I am inclined to believe them, and I feel that it is mostly true, certainly in Uncharted and Modern Warfare (I am less convinced by Resistance, but still)

Another example, what the hell would the second player be looking at as you are taken through the city when you are the President. Infinity Ward deliver a much better cinematic experience, that works much better just on your own, not with a second player, which would ruin the atmostphere

And anyway, do you something against Team Ico because they only occasionaly release a game, but those games are great. Infity Ward are probably smaller so they can't produce as many games, but we don't know the size of their dev teams. Frankly, I would prefer Modern Warfare over those games that Treyarch released. I don't think that the Treyarch CoD's are awful (I own CoD 2: Big Red One, CoD 3 and WaW from them), but just not as good as Infinity Ward

I like Infinity Ward. They may be seen as a one trick pony, but they have it all in that trick...

Their story writing is exceptional, the pacing of their games is intense, the graphics in their games are top of the shelf, and their polish is next to perfection.

TreyArch... Stories are average, pacing is good but not as intense, graphics style I find to be not as solid, their CoD games sold based on Infinity Ward's success, and there are bugs in the TreyArch games that really annoy me...

As for TreyArch's other adventures like Quantum of Solace... WoS is a crap game that only sold decently because it used the James Bond name with an Infinity Ward engine. It is nothing compared to what Rare's take on Bond was at the time... And Spiderman web of shadows, again used the name to sell an average game.

is this even a question. Infinity Ward by an insurmountable amount

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

KylieDog said:
If metacritic is your best defence I am laughing.

Guess what, what IW thinks players want and what players actually do want are different things also.

The co-op modes on WaW always have a crapload of people playing them...but of course all those people in fact dislike the co-op, they play it because they hate it.

They have the evidence right there that people like it, R2 also had many complaints when it was removed. BUT IW KNOW BETTER.

So I assume Haze is your favourite game of all time.

If not don't come back to this thread.

KylieDog said:
If metacritic is your best defence I am laughing.

Guess what, what IW thinks players want and what players actually do want are different things also.

The co-op modes on WaW always have a crapload of people playing them...but of course all those people in fact dislike the co-op, they play it because they hate it.

They have the evidence right there that people like it, R2 also had many complaints when it was removed. BUT IW KNOW BETTER.

So why are CoD's 4 and 5 still played as much if WaW is so much better? (This week WaW 2nd on Live, last 4 2nd)

I'm using gamerankings because you won't listen to everyone else saying 4 is better, or all the critics saying 4 is better. Everyone will agree 4 had the better campaign, the pacing, level design and basically everything else was far better than WaW. Seriously, I don't know what you want me to say to convince you. Everyone else in this thread disagrees with you. I tried explaining why 4 is rated higher, but you ignored it so what do you want?

I'm not saying that co-op is bad, but the SP experience is worse because of it. WaW is more about large scale military conflicts, whereas for most of 4 you are working in small squads with the SAS, and so creating co-op modes seperate means that the SP can still be great

There's not much more I can say given that you ignore all my points.