By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - First 7 minutes of Shadow Complex

superchunk said:
1. Compete shooter copy of Metroid. Granted that's not a bad thing as I love Metroid.
2. Remember what we saw here as it is completely pwned by Metroid:Other M next year. Similar 2D/3D style and like Mario is to Platforming, Metroid is to Exploration-Action games.

Either way, a 360 owner would be stupid not to get this. Plus, a Wii360 owner who likes this would be stupid not to buy Prime Trilogy or Super Metroid off of VC.

I can't believe you just compared a downloadable game to a full game, don't be such a fanboy. We don't know how metroid: other m may turn out, so your statement clearly shows your bias towards nintendo. Both Shadow Complex or Metroid could end up being bad games, so don't pass judgement yet.  The developers always claimed they're bringin homage to metroid/castlevania, and this is a great take. Your last comment is off topic as well.

Around the Network

I so can't wait for this game!

WII Code: 1732 3363 1704 6441

gansito said:
superchunk said:
1. Compete shooter copy of Metroid. Granted that's not a bad thing as I love Metroid.
2. Remember what we saw here as it is completely pwned by Metroid:Other M next year. Similar 2D/3D style and like Mario is to Platforming, Metroid is to Exploration-Action games.

Either way, a 360 owner would be stupid not to get this. Plus, a Wii360 owner who likes this would be stupid not to buy Prime Trilogy or Super Metroid off of VC.

I can't believe you just compared a downloadable game to a full game, don't be such a fanboy. We don't know how metroid: other m may turn out, so your statement clearly shows your bias towards nintendo. Both Shadow Complex or Metroid could end up being bad games, so don't pass judgement yet.  The developers always claimed they're bringin homage to metroid/castlevania, and this is a great take. Your last comment is off topic as well.

1. I compared them simply because they are in the same genre and obviously will be similar in many ways, except Metroid will be bigger (since not a dl only game) and excluding that will still be a better game as Metroid defines the genre.

2. My last comment is relavent. I know many 360 users who say they just didn't like metroid. Well, this game is getting hyped a lot and I bet many of those individuals will say how cool this game is, thus if they like this they should buy the two I listed for their Wii's.

Also, I am in no way implying this game sucks or that it is anything less because it is a take on the Metroid series. I think its great and would definitely buy it, if I had a 360. I think it looks fantastic and should be made into a bigger game. But, let's face it, no one argues that there is a platforming IP better than Mario, and with that there is no action/exploration game better than the Metroid series. Is that fanboyish, sure, but it is the truth.

Either way I'd really like to have this game.

Zizzla_Rachet said:
Munkeh111 said:
It's not really much of a spoiler, it just shows you kind of what the game is about, and I think it looks great, apart from the 3D cut-scenes where character models seem kind of average

My god...Even for a 360 game you are hyped for..you can't help but be a anti 360 graphic troll...

So you are calling me a troll because I think the character models in the cut-scenes look a bit blocky. I know it not helped by the off screen nature of the footage, but his nose looked all wrong when he was looking at the monitor inside the facility

@ the kitchen sink, I called the Prince Nate as well

Munkeh111 said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:
Munkeh111 said:
It's not really much of a spoiler, it just shows you kind of what the game is about, and I think it looks great, apart from the 3D cut-scenes where character models seem kind of average

My god...Even for a 360 game you are hyped for..you can't help but be a anti 360 graphic troll...

So you are calling me a troll because I think the character models in the cut-scenes look a bit blocky. I know it not helped by the off screen nature of the footage, but his nose looked all wrong when he was looking at the monitor inside the facility

I can name quite a few retail released games using the UE3 that also has graphical issues.  Shadow Complesx is not the only UE3 powered game to have issues with its visuals.  Even Gears of War 2 has pop in albeit not to noticable.

Around the Network
Zizzla_Rachet said:
ClaudeLv250 said:
Looks like a generic Metroid. When I get a 360 I might have to get this to hold me over until Other M.

I at least like the idea that you're not a powerhouse (or at least that's what they're implying in the 7 minutes, who knows what you'll be doing by endgame) and can use the environment to your advantage.

Gameplay wise..Even the devs want you to think Metriod/Castlevania...

Story wise....No..It's not a generic metriod...This game is based on a book called Empire..

I wasn't talking about the story, I was talking about the gameplay...which pretty much is straight up Metroid but that was the intention. I guess what I mean is that the location, character and enemies are what's generic.

disolitude said:

This looks much better than what we;ve seen from MEtroid M thus far BTW.

No it doesn't. Let's not kid ourselves.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Riachu said:
Munkeh111 said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:
Munkeh111 said:

I can name quite a few retail released games using the UE3 that also has graphical issues.  Shadow Complesx is not the only UE3 powered game to have issues with its visuals.  Even Gears of War 2 has pop in albeit not to noticable.

I think that it is completely fair to compare a DLC to a retail game.

Also, I think the games look great, and I think Gears 2 is so far, the 2nd best looking console game to be released, imho, and I didn't notice any popins at all.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

I find it impressive that the gameplay and cutscenes transition smoothly. It's not the first game that does it but still...

ClaudeLv250 said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:
ClaudeLv250 said:
Looks like a generic Metroid. When I get a 360 I might have to get this to hold me over until Other M.

I at least like the idea that you're not a powerhouse (or at least that's what they're implying in the 7 minutes, who knows what you'll be doing by endgame) and can use the environment to your advantage.

Gameplay wise..Even the devs want you to think Metriod/Castlevania...

Story wise....No..It's not a generic metriod...This game is based on a book called Empire..

I wasn't talking about the story, I was talking about the gameplay...which pretty much is straight up Metroid but that was the intention. I guess what I mean is that the location, character and enemies are what's generic.

I think the 2d sidescroller actioneer rpg is a genre that died on home consoles with the magnificant SotN, and that this game could bring it back to life. Haven't played a good one off the DS in years and years, and I'm excited that Epic is bringing this magnificant genre back to our HDTVs.

I think complaining because it's in said genre, and paying homage to the two best games in it, is the exact opposite reaction we should have. I think it denotes intelligent design, and respect to proper games that we all love. I think it should make us proud, not cynical.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

So the new Metroid is going to be 2D/3D? That video makes it look like it has full 3D movement.