By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - First 7 minutes of Shadow Complex

Looks awesome, and i need to do me a favour and hype me up and buy epics next masterpiece!

Around the Network
Killergran said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:

how was Empire?

Did you play Far Cry for the PC? And you haven't watched the video, so you don't really have the information I have.

And what book called 'Empire' are you talking about? - Oh, it was the Orson Scott Card one. Too bad the first 7 minutes seem to have absolutely no connection to the book.

So you read it?

Edit:

[edit] Video game

Empire is not an original Orson Scott Card project, but rather stems from the development of the Empire video game. The game is being developed by the brothers Donald and Geremy Mustard, founders of the newly formed Chair Entertainment Group development studio. Card was contacted by Donald Mustard and offered the chance to develop the game's storyline as well as a novel to set the series into action.[11]

The Xbox Live Arcade Game Shadow Complex was announced by Donald Mustard to be a tie-in to the second installment of Orson Scott Card's Empire Trilogy.

ClaudeLv250 said:
Munkeh111 said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:
Munkeh111 said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:
Munkeh111 said:
You didn't watch the video, but you are calling me a troll because I said that some of the character models are blocky!!!!????!!?!??!?!?!!

I have saw the E3 demo...and the XBL Vids....Don't want to watch the first seven mins....It's why all the other Day one buyers have not watched it...I call you a troll when you troll...Plain and simple...And you have a tendency to troll on 360 graphics

It's not trolling. I am not calling it crap, I am just saying, when compared to the graphical prowess of the rest of the game, their faces in particular look a little blocky

Well what ever the case is...Atleast your not calling it a generic Metriod..like some of the other troll post...

There's nothing wrong with comparing to Metroid, the devs say they were inspired by Metroid. Calling it generic is a bit off, because even though it is just the standardish military theme, I don't think I have played a game like it

I don't see how calling it generic is off when that's what it is. The comparison to Metroid isn't a problem, it's no secret that they took their inspiration from it. It's that it they lifted the gameplay straight out of Metroid and made everything else generic. You have a generic everyday guy going to save his generic girlfriend from generic badguys in a generic complex. I think the baffling part to me was that even the power ups were generic but wwere mimicking their Metroid counterparts. Maybe I understood it wrong but the guy finds his girlfriend's backpakc and now he had the ability to climb ledges and wall jump? That makes no sense to me.

Until we play it and see the story play out, I'm going to refrain from calling this game generic.  It looks pretty awesome.  And does the morph ball make sense?  It doesn't have to!  Just go with it!!

Zizzla_Rachet said:

So you read it?

Ever heard of a 'Summary'? Or 'Wikipedia'? Both pretty good ways of learning what a book is about. And here's the kicker: Orson Scott Card was licensed to write a book based on the Empire property, owned by Chair - developers of Shadow Complex. So in fact the book is based on the game/universe, not the other way around. While I cannot speak for the book, the entire universe seems highly generic.

This is invisible text!

Killergran said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:

So you read it?

Ever heard of a 'Summary'? Or 'Wikipedia'? Both pretty good ways of learning what a book is about. And here's the kicker: Orson Scott Card was licensed to write a book based on the Empire property, owned by Chair - developers of Shadow Complex. So in fact the book is based on the game/universe, not the other way around. While I cannot speak for the book, the entire universe seems highly generic.

Added an Edit to my post...guess you missed it...I was asking you about the book becuase I have not read it....What are you going on about?

Around the Network
Zizzla_Rachet said:

Added an Edit to my post...guess you missed it...I was asking you about the book becuase I have not read it....What are you going on about?

You responded to my first post with "How was Empire?" and to my second post with "So you read it?" after previously saying that the game is not generic because it's based on the book. Since I made no mention of the book in either of my posts, nor did I imply that I had read it, I could only assume that 'It's based on Empire so it's not generic' as well as 'If you haven't read Empire, don't bother trying to talk to me' was what you were trying to say. This appeared to be your defense against the game being called generic.

That's what I was going on about.

This is invisible text!

Zizzla_Rachet said:
Killergran said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:

how was Empire?

Did you play Far Cry for the PC? And you haven't watched the video, so you don't really have the information I have.

And what book called 'Empire' are you talking about? - Oh, it was the Orson Scott Card one. Too bad the first 7 minutes seem to have absolutely no connection to the book.

So you read it?

Edit:

[edit] Video game

Empire is not an original Orson Scott Card project, but rather stems from the development of the Empire video game. The game is being developed by the brothers Donald and Geremy Mustard, founders of the newly formed Chair Entertainment Group development studio. Card was contacted by Donald Mustard and offered the chance to develop the game's storyline as well as a novel to set the series into action.[11]

The Xbox Live Arcade Game Shadow Complex was announced by Donald Mustard to be a tie-in to the second installment of Orson Scott Card's Empire Trilogy.

Not Card's first(or possibly his last) involvement in video games.  He also co-written the script of Advent Rising

Riachu said:

Not Card's first(or possibly his last) involvement in video games.  He also co-written the script of Advent Rising

By the same developers, you should add. It's starting to get difficult to say whose world Empire really is.

This is invisible text!

Killergran said:
Riachu said:

By the same developers, you should add. It's starting to get difficult to say whose world Empire really is.

I think it is a collabaration just like Advent Rising was.

Killergran said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:

You responded to my first post with "How was Empire?" and to my second post with "So you read it?" after previously saying that the game is not generic because it's based on the book. Since I made no mention of the book in either of my posts, nor did I imply that I had read it, I could only assume that 'It's based on Empire so it's not generic' as well as 'If you haven't read Empire, don't bother trying to talk to me' was what you were trying to say. This appeared to be your defense against the game being called generic.

That's what I was going on about.

So...Ummm...That was what I posted?