By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - UPDATE: GT5 passes 10 million - Guess the lifetime sales for Uncharted 2, God Of War III and Gran Tursimo 5

GOWIII 5M
Uncharted 2: 6M-7M
GT5: 10M

Around the Network

I suppose we'll have to wait till after the holidays to get a better gauge but I used to think that U3 would pretty easily beat U2 and sell 7-8 million. Now I think they'll both end in that range. The dual pack really did a LOT more for sales than I expected it to. BTW, why does it seem like most people expect a game to just stop selling after 3-4 years? Unless it's simply no longer in production a game will keep selling. GT4 shipped 200k in the first 9 months of this year, 6 year after its launch.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

I originally said 7m for GT5, Im gonna have to bump it up to 9m.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Update 06 June 2012

GT5- 7.6million (553,990 this year,
God of War 3- 4.95million (104,948 this year)
Uncharted 2- 5.61million (223.832 this year)

PSP Lifetime more than PSV+3DS Lifetime.

I'll allow this bump, because it was such a large and popular prediction thread and we've all turned out to be horribly wrong.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Kantor said:
I'll allow this bump, because it was such a large and popular prediction thread and we've all turned out to be horribly wrong.

Way to be a sport!

Ya it was fun little experiment. Nice to see Uncharted 2 deservingly prove people wrong. Gran Tusimo still is slightly below people's general prediction of 9-11 million. (I don't really care for God of War III or plan on playing it anytime soon, so I shouldn't really comment on that one way or another). 

DirtyP2002 said:

god of war won't get close to 5 million.

• Uncharted 2: 2.8 million
  • God of War 3: 3.2 million
  • GT5: 8.5 million

Lols. :')

This was pretty insane to read. People generally underestimated Uncharted 2 and God of War 3 by quite a lot, and overestimated Gran Turismo 5 as well.

That said, I think GT5 has the legs to reach a much higher number one day.

Love how people predicted God of War III so low only for it come out and make the franchise bigger than ever. My fav studio SSMS deserves all the success.

My old thread just won't stay away!

Don't think any of us could of predicted the numbers that God Of War III and Uncharted 2 would eventually get. I remember predicting 4.5mill for GOWIII and thinking to myself 'I'm going to get jumped on for this'.