By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 Sales To Overtake Xbox 360 In 2011? News

Carl2291 said:
DjFlex53 said:
Carl2291 said:
Why are so many people crying in this thread?

All it is is a simple estimation, look at the graphs and you can see what they did isnt stupid... its just a simple way to estimate how it will end up if things keep in that average.

The title for the article even has a question mark, its not like they are saying it WILL.

Sorry...the title of the thread has a question mark but the article doesn't. The article says it WILL.

Go take another look, then come back and say "sorry" again.

I'm sorry but I did read the article in the link. Nowhere IN the article do I see a question mark

Being in 2nd feels so much better than being in 3rd

Around the Network
DjFlex53 said:
Carl2291 said:
DjFlex53 said:
Carl2291 said:
Why are so many people crying in this thread?

All it is is a simple estimation, look at the graphs and you can see what they did isnt stupid... its just a simple way to estimate how it will end up if things keep in that average.

The title for the article even has a question mark, its not like they are saying it WILL.

Sorry...the title of the thread has a question mark but the article doesn't. The article says it WILL.

Go take another look, then come back and say "sorry" again.

I'm sorry but I did read the article in the link. Nowhere IN the article do I see a question mark

Its at the top, you know... in the title?

What is it about the PS3 which attracts such battyness ? I haven't seen such battyness and insanity by a consoles userbase since the N64.

PS3 fans = N64 fans of yesterday confirmed?

Tease.

Still is amazeing that a console of that price is outselling the 360. Time wise.

Cool article except they used the wrong numbers. They're using the shipped numbers for the Xbox 360 from the end of March 2009 and comparing them to the shipped numbers for the PS3 from the end of June 2009.

Not only that but it also appears they totalled the PS3 number incorrectly.

See: http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=4601

Around the Network

I say yes it will overtake the 360 in 2011 because M$ will have their next gen system out by then. Problem is if Sony are hell bent on keeping the ps3 for a 10 year lifespan it will be out of date in another 2 or 3 years

"...the best way to prepare [to be a programmer] is to write programs, and to study great programs that other people have written. In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and fished out listings of their operating system." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

"Hey, Steve, just because you broke into Xerox's house before I did and took the TV doesn't mean I can't go in later and take the stereo." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

Bill Gates had Mac prototypes to work from, and he was known to be obsessed with trying to make Windows as good as SAND (Steve's Amazing New Device), as a Microsoft exec named it. It was the Mac that Microsoft took for its blueprint on how to make a GUI.

""Windows [n.] - A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.""

I'd rather have a great 5 years than a terrible 10. :(

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:

Please don't tell me your trying to say that compared to the PS3, the 360 has been having 'great years'

Taz! said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

Please don't tell me your trying to say that compared to the PS3, the 360 has been having 'great years'

YES!!!!

Being in 2nd feels so much better than being in 3rd

Hasn't the gap increased recently?