By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What will it take to admit there will be no Sony comeback this gen?

when no one bother to make a thread like this to bash playstaion.

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX

Around the Network
wenlan said:
when no one bother to make a thread like this to bash playstaion.

Well in fairness he did make one for the 360.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

What will it take to admit there will be no Sony comeback this gen?

vs who? MST or Nintendo?

MST :when they drop support for it to push their new system

Nintendo :when ... jeez that's a hard one to think of but I guess there is no clear answer for this since we are in a recession and this holiday season will surely show us which direction this is all going.

Monster Hunter Tri : Omegas

Behold! I am Omegas

sguy78 said:
It already has happened.

when?

The end of the gen, and a noticeable lack of comeback. Until then I'll wait and see.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network

http://vgchartz.com/hwlaunch.php?cons1=Wii&reg1=------&cons2=PS3&reg2=All&cons3=X360&reg3=All&weeks=200&weekly=1

But its already under the green line!

Tease.

Squall_Leonhart said:
I don't think there will be such a thing as a 'Sony come-back' but i do think it is very shortsighted to count them out of this generation! The company have many card's still up their sleeves which is just going to keep getting interesting.

I think it is a given that the Wii is going to be a distant 1st with the 360 and PS3 being very, very close in sales this generation! Next gen will be the come-back that Sony will make since they will have learnt from their mistakes this generation (i.e. $600 on launch insanity!)

Don't forget that they need to make a game or two from the start that are inviting to consumers of all ages. Not that many people are willing to buy the PS3 because the games look too gritty, mature looking, and violent. Sure there's LittleBig Planet and all, but not a lot of people are willing to spend $60 on that game and an expensive console (unless it was bundled, which it was). I bet that if Sony had made a new Jak & Daxter game with the launch of the PS3, that was very much like the first, it would have been an instant win.

At the daycare I work at, there are 3 school-age classrooms (since the daycare is apart of our area's hospital; plus there are infants to pre-K) with a Wii, GCN and a PS2. For the PS2 (leave out the Wii and GCN because the children only have WiiSports on the Wii and Mario Kart: Double Dash on the GCN), they have a lot of games, but the children absolutely LOVE playing the first Jak & Daxter game (they can't play the second due to it being rated Teen; they can't even play Super Smash Bros.: Brawl because it's rated Teen, and I brought it one time and I got in trouble wtf...it's not even that violent) and I show them some stuff I know about it (and I love that game too; I hated the direction of the second game).

Mark my words, Sony just needs to make games that everyone can play and are not inclined for older audiences; something a lot like Nintendo and Mario. Don't give me that LBP would be like that, as the game is expensive, the system is expensive, and the controls and level creations are too complex and time consuming.

Smashed said:
There is a comeback.
Your all just downers.

how cute

Most sane, rational non-fanboys have admitted that Sony, as a video game console company, is probably done and that this is probably their last gen.

2 drunks and a rabbi