By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What will it take to admit there will be no Sony comeback this gen?

You see the thread title. In your opinion, what single event - or multiple ones - have to happen for you to say 'Sony's done this gen?'

Around the Network

If 360 > PS3 when both consoles stop selling?

I don't think there will be such a thing as a 'Sony come-back' but i do think it is very shortsighted to count them out of this generation! The company have many card's still up their sleeves which is just going to keep getting interesting.

I think it is a given that the Wii is going to be a distant 1st with the 360 and PS3 being very, very close in sales this generation! Next gen will be the come-back that Sony will make since they will have learnt from their mistakes this generation (i.e. $600 on launch insanity!)

Carl2291 said:
If 360 > PS3 when both consoles stop selling?

+1

Forza3 without GT5
or / and
no PS3 price cut this year

but since GT5 is for this fall (note that it is not important that the game is better or not that Forza3, it is lilke PES vs FIFA : even when PES was god-like, FIFA wasselling very well)
and since PS3 slim at 299 euros is coming for the 1 septembre

http://img2.ps3gen.fr/ps3-slim_0900018989.jpg

I think Sony can't be "done" anymore ....

Time to Work !

Around the Network

It already has happened.

Comeback in terms of overtaking 1st in sales? Highly unlikely...
or comeback in selling more than X360? somewhat unlikely...
or Sony comeback in terms of profitability? Somewhat likely...
or Sony putting lots of good software out while still being competitive? Highly likely...

I game.  You game.  We game.

I'm a videogamer, not a fanboy, but have a special place for Nintendo.

Current Systems Owned: NSwitch/PS4/XONE/WiiU/3DS/2DS/PCGaming Rig-i7/ASUS i7 Gaming Laptop.

Previous Game Consoles:  PS3/Xbox360/Wii/DSL/Pretty much every one thats been released since the Atari 2600.

There is a comeback.
Your all just downers.

They're not making a comeback, nor is Microsoft.

Nintendo has gobbled up the generation with its fun games. :)

can't wait for Track Season 2009/2010, guna beast out!

Travis Touchdown ERECTION CONFIRMED!

madskillz said:

You see the thread title. In your opinion, what single event - or multiple ones - have to happen for you to say 'Sony's done this gen?'

I must receive exactly $1,002,000,000.00 by the end of this generation to say that.

I accept cash and cashiers checks.